Inaccurate Guide
melmcg

Is there anyway to force a REFRESH of the guide.  Tonight 2/26/13 there is a Dallas Stars game on Fox SW + at 6:00pm and the FIOS guide is showing Wolrd Poker Tour (My DVR would not record if I had not caught it).  My Tivo in another room has it accurate.  This happens VERY OFTEN for Stars games.

0 Likes
Re: Inaccurate Guide
ryanca_vz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Disney Junior has the wrong programming on too. Calling 1-800-VERIZON to see if I can get an answer. Will provide an update shortly.

0 Likes
ryanca_vz
Enthusiast - Level 3

No resoluiton as of yet. Will post back as soon as I have a definitive answer why this happened.

0 Likes
lilblondcc
Enthusiast - Level 3

I guess it still isn't resolved....? Here it is now Mar. 2013 and the same issues are there!!! This seems to be an on going issue  which apparently know one cares to fix!

0 Likes
ryanca_vz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nick Jr was fixed the day after I called. Disney Jr took a little longer to correct but it is now showing correctly too. The way it works, companies that own the channels send guide information to a company FYI Television which then provides the guide information to Verizon Network Operations personnel to load into the system. Apparently the East guide information got loaded for the Nick Jr and Disney Jr channels and it took them a little time to sort out where in the handoffs the mix-up occurred. Once they sorted that out between the different groups involved it was fixed the following morning.

So it was explained to me that usually guide innacuracies are due to a company that owns a particular channel changing the schedule (often times last-minute) but then not communicating that update in order to trigger the process required to get it updated on the guide.

The Disney Jr. / Nick Jr. one was a bit different than that due to some kind of human error but usually it sounds like it is the second scenario, which makes sense especially with sports games since often times the league doesn't schedule the actual time of the game until the week (or even day) of the game.

0 Likes