Information bar stays put after a fast forward
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

This is a little difficult to explain. And it just started to happen.

During playback on my regular STB, of a previously recorded show from my DVR box, everything seems to be OK. However when I fast forward past a commercial or something, the little information bar at the bottom of the screen does not go away. Prior to today, it would disappear in a couple of seconds. In order for me to eliminate the bar, I have to hit some other buttons on the remote.

Any ideas?

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Information bar stays put after a fast forward
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Well, the little gremlin in the box has left the building... The problem just disappeared today.

I have no idea what happened. Very strange.

sharkman

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

I would suggest the standard fix for any abnormal behavior.  Re-boot the STB (either from the menu, or by pulling the power plug for 30 seconds).  It can also be made to go away (as you have found out) by using the EXIT button on your remote.

SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

@Keyboards wrote:

I would suggest the standard fix for any abnormal behavior.  Re-boot the STB (either from the menu, or by pulling the power plug for 30 seconds).  It can also be made to go away (as you have found out) by using the EXIT button on your remote.

The bar is actually frozen. The time doesn't move and exit doesn't do anything.  I tried the re-boot and that didn't do anything either. I have to press the guide button and then the exit to eliminate the frozen info bar..

HELP!

sharkman

0 Likes
rozziland
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having the same problem.  It seemed to start sometime this week (maybe just the past 2 days).  The way I get rid of it is by hitting the Info button two or three times until it cycles through and goes away. I'm thinking the latest code push may have been the culprit.

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

@rozziland wrote:

I am also having the same problem.  It seemed to start sometime this week (maybe just the past 2 days).  The way I get rid of it is by hitting the Info button two or three times until it cycles through and goes away. I'm thinking the latest code push may have been the culprit.

It started with me about a week ago..

Anybody else having this problem?

sharkman

0 Likes
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

Well, the little gremlin in the box has left the building... The problem just disappeared today.

I have no idea what happened. Very strange.

sharkman

0 Likes
JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having this issue too. Rebooting or removing power does not help. Support reset my DVR and that did not help either.

0 Likes