Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Interesting Router//FiOS issue

Jeff1512
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Interesting Router//FiOS issue

Message 1 of 2
(3,605 Views)

I have 2 settop boxes.  1 is the Home Media DVR and the other is a NON-DVR HD box... Ok - so when I log into my router - I see one of the boxes (DVR) has a dynamic ip set and has no port forwarding setup... The other box (NON-DVR) is setup as a static ip and DOES have port forwarding setup (as viewable in the firewall setttings of the router).   

Is this "normal"?  I power cycled the router... then each settop box - - this is the configuration the "system" sets by itself when everything boots up.....

Everything is functioning as it should.... this is just something I noticed and was curious about....

If anyone wants to log into their router and check there configuration - i would appreciate knowing....

Thanks!

Jeff

1 REPLY 1
jumpin68ny
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Interesting Router//FiOS issue

Message 2 of 2
(3,554 Views)

I have a HD DVR and 2 standard def set top boxes.  For me all of them display DHCP and the only thing I see listed in port forwarding is of a device that is not connected, 192.168.1.104.  My STBs have 101,102,103.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title