Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu

iPad app?

Lbobb
Contributor
Contributor

iPad app?

Message 1 of 12
(2,197 Views)
Can you please develop an app so iPad users can watch fios on our ipads. Infinity has that app. Why don't you? As one of the leaders in the cable space, this is disappointing.

Also, why am I unable to use flex view to watch shoes on my iPad? I would welcome and appreciate your response.
11 REPLIES 11
prisaz
Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: iPad app?

Message 2 of 12
(2,193 Views)

Lbobb wrote:
Can you please develop an app so iPad users can watch fios on our ipads. Infinity has that app. Why don't you? As one of the leaders in the cable space, this is disappointing.

Also, why am I unable to use flex view to watch shoes on my iPad? I would welcome and appreciate your response.

Share your ideas here, so they will have better exposure, and people can vote on them.

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Share-Your-Ideas-with-Verizon/idb-p/ideas

retiredme
Silver Contributor II
Silver Contributor II

Message 3 of 12
(2,167 Views)

I believe there is an app for the ipad already. It is available at the itunes app store, and I think it's free.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/verizon-fios-mobile/id406387206?mt=8

I don't know if this is what you are looking for as I do not own an ipad, and am totally app-less.  

oceanexpress
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 4 of 12
(2,101 Views)
The app is only for browsing tv guide and also has a remote control. You cannot watch subscribed content like you can with other providers. I use the app frequently for the remote control feature.
brado
Contributor
Contributor

Message 5 of 12
(2,065 Views)

I believe that Verizon announced in August 2010 that they were coming out with a streaming ipad app sometime in 2011. They are running out of time.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2367980,00.asp#fbid=_PpMlLDsHto

Bedeepe67
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 12
(1,979 Views)
Been waiting and waiting for the fios app for the iPad so I can watch fios tv, movies ,DVR and such , keep being told coming soon, what's soon? Already been over a year!, very disappointed in Verizon when other cable companies have this app already.
hockeyusa81
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 7 of 12
(1,956 Views)
To those wondering about this, Verizon has confirmed the iPad app will be released in 2012...

http://9to5mac.com/2012/01/12/verizon-finally-launching-live-tv-streaming-app-to-ipad-in-2012/

Ironically, I saw that article after reading one about how they are committed to getting ahead of the curve on releasing apps on other devices. If that was true, why is Verizon like the last major TV provider to do an iOS app?
GalBiker
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 8 of 12
(1,920 Views)

Will this iPad app allow users to watch TV shows recorded on the DVR?  or only On Demand/Flex movies??  It would be nice if we had the option to watch DVR recorded shows on a mobile app in addition to TV.

rsbarber
Contributor
Contributor

Message 9 of 12
(1,810 Views)
My current contract expires in May. If no iPad streaming by then, I'm off to Xfinity and beyond!
JollyRn
Contributor
Contributor

Message 10 of 12
(1,672 Views)
Can you use xfinity just for your iPad? I'm a bit frustrated with Verizon for my iPad. Can't send emails, no adobe flash, no Fios tv. WT?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title