IPS1100 Box freezing on Power Off Screen
RandomHero2
Enthusiast - Level 2
My IPS1100 is constantly needing reset, sometimes requiring the main DVR to be reset even though the main DVR has no problem.

It typically freezes on the Verizon Screen saver screen that prompts Menu button requiring pulling the plug to restart.

I have contacted Ansi from support who assured me the problem would never ever happen again after he reset my main dvr settings but it happened just hours later.

I do not even need dvr on that box so am thinking of installing a normal box, would it be the same price?

It's frustrating to go turn on the tv and find it frozen almost every day, on top of occasional lag while changing channels, and changing to a different channel than selected.

Thanks
0 Likes
Re: IPS1100 Box freezing on Power Off Screen
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I have never seen this problem.

Do you have more than one IPC? If so, does it happen on all or just one?

If just one, try moving them around to see if it follows the box or the connection.

RandomHero2
Enthusiast - Level 2
Could it be related to the main DVR? I do get reboot errors every couple days. Just a few hours ago it directed me to reset my router. I think I want to swap the ips1100 out for a standard box as its beyond frustrating. My callback is not till Friday but I'll be contacting them tommorow.

The ips1100 locks up completely usually after watching the Velocity channel, 631, if that helps. It slowly freezes up on that channel, then it starts to spread to other channels until it seizes completely and will not respond to any remote or physical command. The only thing that fixes is it resetting the small box or the DVR. It is one cable away from the DVR, not split.
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Its possible it is VMS issue (but I would think not likely if it doesn't lock up on same channel).

You didn't say if you have more than 1 IPC and if it has the same issue.
And what do you mean by standard box? You can't mix Quantum (which is the IPC) and other STBs.

Only the digital adapter that only supports SD, no guide and no VOD.

RandomHero2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I only have one IPS, so two boxes total. We don't need the DVR features, its not possible to get a standard HD box in the house to go along with the DVR? I was sure that was an option when I had FIOS hooked up in Sept.

The tech thinks it could be an issue with the line in the house, so we are replacing the IPS. My backup plan if it turns out to be a signal issue was to just get a non DVR box for the room as we do not use that function in this room. I standard box would not be as tempermental. 

As I had just had my service installed less than six month ago, should they not of found this issue? I know they didnt meter the lines as I helped them install most the devices..

0 Likes
RandomHero2
Enthusiast - Level 2

if its a signal issue it would most likely be a splitter?

0 Likes
RandomHero2
Enthusiast - Level 2

@CRobGauth wrote:

Its possible it is VMS issue (but I would think not likely if it doesn't lock up on same channel).

You didn't say if you have more than 1 IPC and if it has the same issue.
And what do you mean by standard box? You can't mix Quantum (which is the IPC) and other STBs.

Only the digital adapter that only supports SD, no guide and no VOD.

The VMS does not lock up, but 631(Velocity) does seem to be the first channel to hesitate and freeze up, from there the next channel I tune to begins to have the same issues, and so on till the IPS freezes to all commands. At that point it must be physicaly disconnected. To me that does sound like a signal issue on a consistent frequency, but I am no tech on these matters,

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have more than 1 STB?

Does it happen on all of them?

0 Likes