IR Blasters for Sony Internet TV with Google TV (NSX32GT1) for FiOS STB QIP7232 2
happykittens

Hi, I have a Sony Internet TV with (built-in) Google TV that my Verizon tech did not set up completely.

There are IR blasters that the Google TV remote uses to control the STB. They have worked with Comcast & Time Warner set-top boxes. The Verizon technician who set up my FiOS TV service didn't set them up, so I am trying to do that now.

The issue that I'm facing is that I can't seem to find the place on the front of the Verizon FiOS TV STB where the IR receivers should be pointed. I called tech support (1-800-VERIZON) and received no useful information (and he couldn't transfer me to anyone who could help me?!)

Where do I aim these things? I'd love to compete the set-up and use all my devices together in harmony.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: IR Blasters for Sony Internet TV with Google TV (NSX32GT1) for FiOS STB QIP7232 2
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@happykittens wrote:

Hi, I have a Sony Internet TV with (built-in) Google TV that my Verizon tech did not set up completely.

There are IR blasters that the Google TV remote uses to control the STB. They have worked with Comcast & Time Warner set-top boxes. The Verizon technician who set up my FiOS TV service didn't set them up, so I am trying to do that now.

The issue that I'm facing is that I can't seem to find the place on the front of the Verizon FiOS TV STB where the IR receivers should be pointed. I called tech support (1-800-VERIZON) and received no useful information (and he couldn't transfer me to anyone who could help me?!)

Where do I aim these things? I'd love to compete the set-up and use all my devices together in harmony.

Thank you!

Take a flashlight and shine it into the LED display window on the far left.

You will see the front display circuit board, with the red "Msgs" LED on the top, the yellow "On" LED at the bottom, and you will notice a square black device with a shiny round black eye in the center left, it has 3 metal pins connected on the bottom.

That is the actual IR sensor 

0 Likes