IR Extender AND front receiver together?
PeteKottmann
Enthusiast - Level 1

Will the STB IR receiver work when an extender is added?

My Objective: I have TWO televisions connected to one STB. One is located in the Living Room and other in Master Bedroom. They back-up to one another on a common wall. Since we only watch one at a time, I added a HDMI splitter so we can continue to watch a show in the bedroom.

Tech provided an extender and works fine from bedroom, but when plugged-in it seems to disable my ability to control the STB when in the living room. Is there a way to get BOTH IR receivers to work? If the front receiver becomes disabled when extened is added, can I add a splitter and second extender so I can control STB from either room?

Thanks

Pete

0 Likes
Re: IR Extender AND front receiver together?
PJL
Master - Level 3

My experience is that the STB front panel IR sensor is disabled when you plug in the extender cable to the rear of the box.  I sure wish it wasn't!

0 Likes
Re: IR Extender AND front receiver together?
PeteKottmann
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am finding when IR extender is plugged in, the unit sensor nolonger works. So my question is there any way to make it work; OR, does anyone know if I can use a splitter/y-adapter on the extender itself and simply add/use two sensors from the port?

0 Likes