IR Frequency for HD STB
MickBurke
I want to use two (or three) HD STBs in the same room with a media center PC, is there any way to change the frequency for the IR remote so I can use both of them wiht an IR repeater? Do the FIOS TV HD STBs allow tuning via FireWire? What other options do I have for this setup? Thanks...
0 Likes
Re: IR Frequency for HD STB
Keyboards
Master - Level 3
Can't change the IR frequency / codes on the STBs.  Don't know about the firewire tuning, but most of the ports on Verizon's STBs are not enabled (Ethernet, USB, and E-STATA  for certain are currently not enabled).
0 Likes
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

I can assure you that the FREQUENCY cannot be changed.  For many other analogous situations (TIVO, Dish boxes, etc.) one can control multiple boxes independently in teh same space by assigning a "Unit Code" (or some other similar designation).  This shifts the receiver to being responsive to a different set of signals for the various functions, but the frequency is not altered, just the individual function codes (binary sequence) transmitted.  I don't know (but have not read anywhere) about the FIOS boxes having such "assignable" unit codes to support this functionality.

0 Likes
MickBurke

Yea, that's what I was refering to. Thanks.

Anybody know if the FIOS STBs will allow this?

0 Likes
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

@MickBurke wrote:

Yea, that's what I was refering to. Thanks.

Anybody know if the FIOS STBs will allow this?

If you re-read my original reply you will notice that I said it doesn't support frequency / codes changes which answered your original question as well as the corrected question Smiley Tongue

0 Likes
MickBurke
Sorry, missed the 'codes' part. Thanks agian.
0 Likes
MickBurke
Just in case anyone else comes across this thread; it appears that what has to happen in my case is to use the USB UIRT ( http://usbuirt.com/ ). With this, I can setup the software (SageTV in my case [ http://www.sagetv.com/ ]) to address the stick on IR blaster individually, so while they will both still be using the same codes, the STBs will each be changed individually. Apparently it is supported natively in several DVR software packages and should integrate fairly easily.
0 Likes
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus
Thanks for the follow up. 🙂
0 Likes