Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

IR Frequency for HD STB

MickBurke
Contributor
Contributor

IR Frequency for HD STB

Message 1 of 8
(8,787 Views)
I want to use two (or three) HD STBs in the same room with a media center PC, is there any way to change the frequency for the IR remote so I can use both of them wiht an IR repeater? Do the FIOS TV HD STBs allow tuning via FireWire? What other options do I have for this setup? Thanks...
7 REPLIES 7
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: IR Frequency for HD STB

Message 2 of 8
(8,772 Views)
Can't change the IR frequency / codes on the STBs.  Don't know about the firewire tuning, but most of the ports on Verizon's STBs are not enabled (Ethernet, USB, and E-STATA  for certain are currently not enabled).
If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
CapnTrips
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 3 of 8
(8,755 Views)

I can assure you that the FREQUENCY cannot be changed.  For many other analogous situations (TIVO, Dish boxes, etc.) one can control multiple boxes independently in teh same space by assigning a "Unit Code" (or some other similar designation).  This shifts the receiver to being responsive to a different set of signals for the various functions, but the frequency is not altered, just the individual function codes (binary sequence) transmitted.  I don't know (but have not read anywhere) about the FIOS boxes having such "assignable" unit codes to support this functionality.

MickBurke
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 8
(8,743 Views)

Yea, that's what I was refering to. Thanks.

Anybody know if the FIOS STBs will allow this?

Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 5 of 8
(8,705 Views)

@MickBurke wrote:

Yea, that's what I was refering to. Thanks.

Anybody know if the FIOS STBs will allow this?

If you re-read my original reply you will notice that I said it doesn't support frequency / codes changes which answered your original question as well as the corrected question Smiley Tongue

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
MickBurke
Contributor
Contributor

Message 6 of 8
(8,687 Views)
Sorry, missed the 'codes' part. Thanks agian.
MickBurke
Contributor
Contributor

Message 7 of 8
(8,660 Views)
Just in case anyone else comes across this thread; it appears that what has to happen in my case is to use the USB UIRT ( http://usbuirt.com/ ). With this, I can setup the software (SageTV in my case [ http://www.sagetv.com/ ]) to address the stick on IR blaster individually, so while they will both still be using the same codes, the STBs will each be changed individually. Apparently it is supported natively in several DVR software packages and should integrate fairly easily.
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus

Message 8 of 8
(8,651 Views)
Thanks for the follow up. 🙂
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title