Is everything on veoh.com available on FIOS?
sxrd60inch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello-

Using VEOH.com on my computer I can watch full episodes of TV shows, original Star Trek episodes for instance.  I cannot access them on Media Manager however.  Is veoh filtered for Fios?

0 Likes
Re: Is everything on veoh.com available on FIOS?
Hubrisnxs
Legend

No website or service is filtered on FiOS except for port 25 for outgoing email and in some area's port 80 for web servers. 

0 Likes
sxrd60inch
Enthusiast - Level 3

0 Likes
sxrd60inch
Enthusiast - Level 3

"No website or service is filtered on FiOS except for port 25 for outgoing email and in some area's port 80 for web servers."

This is an innaccurate statement.  Practically the entire usenet (newsgroup) section of the internet is filtered making it unuseable.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

verizon has stopped offering usenet.  Everyone is still able to connect to other non-Verizon Usenet servers; no blocking is taking place.

/alt.life.sucks

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@sxrd60inch wrote:

Hello

I cannot access them on Media Manager however.  Is veoh filtered for Fios?

I don't think I noticed that and was assuming you meant to watch fios on the PC.   that part is correct, I can watch veoh tv no problem on my PC, but if you are trying to use Verizon Media Manager to broadcast it out to the TV set that might be different.  That media manager software only supports certain file types.  so if that is your goal to broadcast veoh tv to the FiOS set top box in order to watch tv, you might have an issue with the type of file Veoh sends.   

is that the goal, or were you just trying to watch on pc?

0 Likes
sxrd60inch
Enthusiast - Level 3

Right, I was trying to view it on my TV thru Media Manager.  I guess it's a format that's not supported, I don't see a format listed on veoh.com.  It's real suspicious though, I can view all the junk on veoh on my TV thru media manager but not full episodes of TV shows.  Very suspicious.  I still think they're blocked or not available for another reason other than the format.

0 Likes