is there a newer stb for fios that have hdmi? i have qip-2500 p3
renan

I bought a lcd tv and came to find out that my regular verizon box qip-25 p3 doesn't have hdmi out. Is there a newer standard box with hdmi?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: is there a newer stb for fios that have hdmi? i have qip-2500 p3
Keyboards
Master - Level 3

The box you have is an SD only one.  If you want an HDMI output you will have to upgrade to an HD box at increased monthly cost and a shipping fee from Verizon (unless you have a Verizon store near you that carries TV boxes - then you can avoid the shipping charge).

0 Likes
MShoe1

The 2500 is not high-definition. If the STB could be "rewired" for it I'm sure the price of it would be more and it would then be called a high-definition STB. Keep in mind that HDMI stands for "High-Definition Multimedia Interface".

0 Likes
prisaz
Legend

@renan wrote:

I bought a lcd tv and came to find out that my regular verizon box qip-25 p3 doesn't have hdmi out. Is there a newer standard box with hdmi?

thanks

You would need to update to an HD STB or HD DVR. With your new flat screen TV it would provide a much better picture on the HD channels. What most do not realize is, you can have an HD STB on an SD TV, and receive the HD channels that are not otherwise visable with the QIP-2500 SD STB. I would pay the $5 more a month and get the HD box. All the STBs and DVRs went up in cost by $2, so the HD STB is $11.99. Every bundle includes HD channels, but they are not available with the older SD boxes.

Save the $20 shipping cost if you have a Verizon FiOS store near you. You can ship the old box back at any UPS. But be sure to get a receipt with tracking information. It is better to return the STB at a store so you get paperwork that has the serial number on it. Also once you turn in the QIP-2500, you can not order another. They are being phased out.

List of available FiOS stores.

http://www22.verizon.com/Support/Residential/tv/fiostv/General+Support/Account+Issues/QuestionsOne/8...

0 Likes