It's really hard to reach support at Verizon!
khha4113

I had tried to either call, online or live chat to fix the problem on my FIOS TV.  Calling Verizon by its toll-free number, I had to wait for more than 45 minutes, and unbelievably, the representative couldn't find my account (!!!) even when I gave her my full name, the physical address of my house and my account number which Verizon billed me monthly.  Next, I tried Verizon's website to request repair, I had been redirected from page to page and finally I gave up since nowhere to find it although 'Request Repair' shows on the page that I logged in.  The next day, I tried 'Live Chat' and after I gave the support guy my name as well as my address, he apologized to me that he could not help (?), but he at least tried to connect me to Verizon's support phone number (which I still don't know what the number is) and this time the support guy on the phone helped me pinpoint what the problem was and fixed it.

0 Likes
Re: It's really hard to reach support at Verizon!
jumpin68ny
Master - Level 2

Verizon support is 888-553-1555

0 Likes
JasonD52
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's about normal for Verizon tech support.  Long wait times, lost accounts, lies told by agents are the norm.  Anytime I have a problem, I have to ask myself is it a large enough problem to go through the hassle of contacting Verizon support.  A lot of times, it's not.

0 Likes
Sonaki

I have faced the same issues....it's so tough reaching these guys. But more frustrating is that when you finally get to someone they say they can't help and keep redirecting to other people.

I don't understand how can the tech support be so bad.

0 Likes
VZ_Frank
Contributor - Level 2

What is the problem that you are having with your Fios Tv?

0 Likes
rmieras

Agreed.  I had an internet service outage this weekend for three or four hours and could reach no humans whatsoever.  My portable wireless phone ran out of battery and I had to redial starting a second wait queue.  Each time over 45 minutes with no response except the recording telling me how it was going to get in a few minutes.

Nice performance, nice picture, nice speed, horrible service after installation if anything doesn't work exactly right.

0 Likes