Keep getting reminders on my STB but none show in list
misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

At some point I set up a reminder for MLB Baseball programs. For a while, a reminder would pop up whenever one started on ESPN, even though I could not find it. Then it went away but now that baseball is back, the reminders are as well. I've gone to Guide -> Reminders -> Reminder List and it tells me "No Reminders Set". Yet i keep getting them. How do I find where this recurring reminder is set and get rid of them?

Amusingly, today's alert included two different channels, and one of them was in Spanish and was titled Beisbol MLB (although it was the Mets game). Amusingly, if you search for "beisbol" in the program guide on FiOS, it brings up English programs with baseball in the title.

0 Likes
Re: Keep getting reminders on my STB but none show in list
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@misterbill99 wrote:

At some point I set up a reminder for MLB Baseball programs. For a while, a reminder would pop up whenever one started on ESPN, even though I could not find it. Then it went away but now that baseball is back, the reminders are as well. I've gone to Guide -> Reminders -> Reminder List and it tells me "No Reminders Set". Yet i keep getting them. How do I find where this recurring reminder is set and get rid of them?

Amusingly, today's alert included two different channels, and one of them was in Spanish and was titled Beisbol MLB (although it was the Mets game). Amusingly, if you search for "beisbol" in the program guide on FiOS, it brings up English programs with baseball in the title.

Did you try: settings>notifications>pop up alerts and disable it, or recommendations and disabling that?

misterbill99
Contributor - Level 1

Yes, and all of my alerts and notifications are turned off.

I'm wondering if it's somehow related to a preference I may have set somewhere for sports team? i noticed when  I go to the Sports Guide it shows me Mets games at the top in My Schedule, and those are the games I am being reminded of. However, I cannot tell where I might have set that, nor can  I figure out how to disable it.

Update -- i figured out how to remove the Mets from my followed teams in the Sports Guide and I suspect that will fix the problem. 

The alerts are marginally useful and if it weren't for the fact that it automatically changes the channel if you don't dismiss the alert, it wouldn't be that bad.

REK427
Enthusiast - Level 1

What Sports guide??

0 Likes
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@REK427 wrote:

What Sports guide??

Menu>guide>genres and filters>sports.

0 Likes
Mikemaj4767

I did this but have not yet reached the time slot for ESPN games to really see if it worked or not. But it may discontinue my CALLEDID notification alerts as well. 

0 Likes
MaiC1

As of 2022....I don't know if this is resolved for you but for the love of Christ, we FINALLY figured out these stupid reminders....go to Menu, there is a SPORTS GUIDE option (right under On Demand we never noticed this ever)....Once in Sports Guide go to the bottom of those lists of all sports events... to MY TEAMS, then click edit, and there you can keep those teams as your favorite teams (we must have set these up 8 or so years ago) but turn the reminders off. So go into each box and update your settings and click confirm. We moved to FIOS years ago and this wasn't an issue, at some point about 3 yrs ago, they must have pushed a setting and it set a reminder for all devices when those teams are playing... regular coverage and Español! Lol,  so it comes up twice. These reminders are beyond annoying when you are watching NF using the widget, because it stops what you are watching and then kicks you out of NF. Good luck and hope this helps someone!

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes