Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu

Limit TV for kids at night

Scrufdog
Contributor
Contributor

Limit TV for kids at night

Message 1 of 2
(1,404 Views)

Is there a way to 'turn off'  the set top box either manually or on a timed schedule? 

My kids like to stay up at night when they are supposed to be asleep and watch tv. I'd like to know if there is a feature, either in the set top box itself, in an app, or through the web portal that can disable the set top box.

Poking around a little I figure, if needed I may be able to block internet access to the specific IP of each set top box, and that might keep them for getting a proper feed for TV?

Ideas?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
PJL
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Limit TV for kids at night

Message 2 of 2
(1,391 Views)

There is an option under Parential Controls on the STB for block by date and time.  You might try there.

Restricting an STB IP address will do nothing but limit guide data updates and VOD (plus being able to reset the STB).  It will not limit live TV.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title