Re: Lip Sync with Fios STB (VMS4100)
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

The whole CEC thing is really frustrating. You'd think by now everyone would have it working correctly,  but some manufacturers just dont really care. Have you tried the optical out from your TV to the soundbar?

bstpeg

mbpe300 already said that the same issue happens with optical, so I don't really think I'm going to bother trying. 

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@bstpeg wrote:

mbpe300 already said that the same issue happens with optical, so I don't really think I'm going to bother trying. 

He tried optical from Fios box to TV. Try optical from TV to soundbar. Also I read in posts on Samsung forums that there is a built in 30ms delay baked into the Samsung TVs. The only way to change it is through the service menu. Don't know if it will help, but there are several posts on Samsungs forums about it and how to change it.

bstpeg

I spent quite a bit of time reading this thread. It seems to describe the issues I'm seeing including the lip sync, changing to PCM working, and using passthrough working. It also describes the issue with the sound bar not turning on automatically when using passthrough.

The solution for changing the HDMI delay level didn't really make much of a difference for me.

Also, multiple people on that thread indicated that using optical to connect TV to the sound bar didn't make any difference.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@bstpeg wrote:

I spent quite a bit of time reading this thread. It seems to describe the issues I'm seeing including the lip sync, changing to PCM working, and using passthrough working. It also describes the issue with the sound bar not turning on automatically when using passthrough.

The solution for changing the HDMI delay level didn't really make much of a difference for me.

Also, multiple people on that thread indicated that using optical to connect TV to the sound bar didn't make any difference.

Good to see someone's actually read about the problem with the Samsung TVs recent firmware updates. I'm just trying to give every possible option for people to try in case any of them work. Also good to note that LPCM isn't necessarily stereo only but can be multichannel. Its system dependent,  not sure if the 4100 sends out 2.0 or 5.1 via LPCM. Trying optical can sometimes reduce audio delays that occur with ARC implementation, but sometimes it creates it's own delay. Its unfortunately a problem with the manufacturers not closely following the established standards for AV transmission and we are really lucky when it all works.

Audio video sync issues with fios one
SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got a Samsung 7100 65 inch tv and the audio and video are out of sync. The lips are never in sync with these audio. What's going on here? I just also got the fios one box.  

How can isolve this? 

0 Likes
Re: Audio video sync issues with fios one
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@SteelerNation wrote:

I just got a Samsung 7100 65 inch tv and the audio and video are out of sync. The lips are never in sync with these audio. What's going on here? I just also got the fios one box.  

How can isolve this? 

Are the people speaking before their lips move, or after? Do you use a soundbar or AV Receiver, or is the Fios box going directly into the TV?

SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

Fios box goes directly to the TV. I have no soundbar.  I'm thinking the sound is delayed slightly after the picture. Someone slams down something ad a split second later I hear the sound. 

So annoying to watch the news. All the lips are off.

I saw something about going into a diagnostic mode (Power, OK, OK) and set the Fios One box to "Pass Through" this seems to have matched up the video to the sound... Not sure if it was appropriate for me to do so...

Is this a Samsung thing, or... ???

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

You can certainly go into the service menu and change options, just be careful what you change. I usually take a photo of the BEFORE screen then make my changes so I can go back if necessary. Hope the pass-through works for you. It is beginning to look like a dis-proportionate number of people with this issue have Samsung TVs. I read on their forum Samsung programs in a 30ms delay on the audio as standard. If you check, there are posts that tell how to change that in the TVs service menu.

SteelerNation
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ifit was Samsung's fault why would passthrough solve it? It should still have a 30ms delay regardless of being pass through or Dolby. Seems to me processing the audio to Dolby in the fios box messed up the audio sync... passthrough,  where the signal is unaltered keeps the audio sync perfect... If it wasSamsung's fault the delay would be there even after changing the fios box to passthrough as well. 

0 Likes