Live TV is always time delayed
Jallens
Enthusiast - Level 1

Whenever we turn on the tv or finish watching a DVR recording, the DVR shows the last channel we were watching (normally CNN). This is not a problem. The problem is that it is 6:30p and I’m watching a recorded stream from 5:00p. I need to fast forward to the current time stamp. Every time. It’s really annoying. Can I change this behavior on the DVR?

to be clear, what I want is anytime I start watching a live tv channel, I want to see the current state of that live tv channel. Right now I see a 90 minute delayed recording of that live tv channel. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Live TV is always time delayed
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting the STB?

Is the time on the STB show current?

Have you tried hitting the Fios Button on the remote? That should bring you to the current date/time.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried resetting the STB?

Is the time on the STB show current?

Have you tried hitting the Fios Button on the remote? That should bring you to the current date/time.

Jallens
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks. It’s kind of disappointing that power cycling the set top box can fix the issue. Rebooting it also alleviated the performance issues I was having.  

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Set top boxes are just specialized computers.

They can all use a reboot at times to clear them out.

Dualmonitors2

@Jallens:   may i please ask which model DVR you have please?

i have the newer Fios One TV dvr box, and have the same issue which started last night, and continued this afternoon mysteriously.

equally mysteriously, it just fixed itself a few minutes ago when i turned on the tv just now.  don't know why it managed to fix itself. 

i just wanted to confirm how you managed to fix your situation and also to see if we have the same dvr model.

thank you.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes