Local Ads
howwen

FIOS in South Jersey.  They are dropping in local ads, political, etc over the Thursday night game on NFL network.  Any way to complain directly about this nonsense!

0 Likes
Re: Local Ads
PJL
Master - Level 3

@howwen wrote:

FIOS in South Jersey.  They are dropping in local ads, political, etc over the Thursday night game on NFL network.  Any way to complain directly about this nonsense!

Why do you consider this "nonsense?"  Are you complaining about ads in general or just the fact that they're "local?"  Most all networks allow for insertion of local advertisements,  They even provide signaling that allows an automated switch to the local commercia and then a switch back to their feed.  Verizon FiOS has been doing this almost since it was launched.  Recently they've started broadcasting HD advertisements. 

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@PJL wrote:

Why do you consider this "nonsense?"  Are you complaining about ads in general or just the fact that they're "local?"  Most all networks allow for insertion of local advertisements,  They even provide signaling that allows an automated switch to the local commercia and then a switch back to their feed.  Verizon FiOS has been doing this almost since it was launched.  Recently they've started broadcasting HD advertisements. 

The procedure you describe is my understanding also.

But I think this particular complaint is VHO related. There is another thread here with the same complaint about the game last night, and from what I could tell most or all of the posters were in PA and NJ (not sure about that, unfortunately most people here don't bother to identify where they are located, which makes things much more difficult to understand). I watched parts of the game, when I saw one complaint in the thread about local ads at a specific time I went back to that time in the broadcast on my DVR and watched. I saw some local ads here in North Texas (for North Texas), but they were inserted properly, only during the commerical break, not over the game.

We had a similar problem for a while here in North Texas a year or two ago, it was apparently a local issue then, and Verizon fixed it. This appears to me to be the same thing.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
howwen

Yes "nonsense".  They were inserting commercials during the play of the game.  In other words they would come back from commercial then 15 seconds later go back to local ads for 30 seconds, then come back to the game while missing game action.  I didnt think it was that hard to understand.

0 Likes
howwen

BTW I said right in my post FIOS South Jersey. 

0 Likes