Loss of Audio
fastman42

I live in Northern VA and recently switched from DirecTV to FIOS.  So far I am happy with the switch, but I am having audio issues with two channels.  The channels are both for MASN (77 and 1526). 

Here is my equipment 

- Motorola DVR

- LG Plasma TV

- Monster HDMI cable connecting the two

Issue:

I get audio just fine every channel I get except 77 and 1526.  When I go to either of these channels there is no audio.  Furthermore, after viewing one of these two channels, I loss audio on every other channel.  I have found that I can recover from this by either switching to another TV input and then back to the HDMI input, or going into the TV audio options and turning off and then back on my speakers.  Regardless I never have audio on 77 and 1526.

Things I have tried:

1. Another HDMI cable - same problem 

2. Plugging into another HDMI port on my TV - same problem

3. Component cables for video and RCA cables for audio - I have sound on channels 77 and 1526 and every channel afterwards.  

3. Had the HDMI cable connected from FIOS receiver to TV and then the audio of my TV connected to my home theater receiver via fiber cable.  I turned off the speakers on the TV and played the audio through the home theater.  I had audio on channels 77 and 1526.  

4. Verified this problem only exists on these two channels.  No other channel I have this problem with.

5 Reading the TV manual and turned off all the special audio functionality still using HDMI cable for sound- same problem

So it seems that my issue only occurs when I try to play the audio through the HDMI.  What I don't understand is why it only occurs on these two channels and then why it knocks out sound to all the other channels.  When I was with DirecTV I got both these channels and got sound perfectly.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Message Edited by fastman42 on 10-01-2008 06:18 AM
0 Likes