Lost ability to rewind live tv w/Gigabit install
lgm4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a DVR/media center with two additional STBs. Before Gibabit installation on a STB I could change from channel one to channel two and then back to channel one and rewind up to an hour. The red line on both channels would have the previous hour to rewind. This functionally is gone after the Gigabit installation. Does anyone know how to resolve this without always recording shows? Has anyone else experienced this loss of service?

0 Likes
Re: Lost ability to rewind live tv w/Gigabit install
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model STB do you have?

Have you tried rebooting it?

Internet should not play in TV controls.

0 Likes
lgm4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

Gigabit ONT - Cat 6 and Coax to G1100 Router

MoCA Connections:

DVD Media Center - Arris VMS1100

STBs - IPC1100 P2

1. I called support and they had me unplug everything for two minutes and then bring it up from outside through DVR to STBs.  No change.

2. They have the setup in the support center and told me that it could never have worked the way it was.  I was told that the only way to rewind is to hold the tuner (another STB/DVR watching) or to record.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

It may depend on how many tuners are in use.

If both ipcs are one and you have stuff recording, there may only be one tuner left.

Appears to work at least on my VMS. Not sure if it works that way on ipcs.

0 Likes
lgm4u
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have five or six tuners.  This still happens with just on STB turned on.

I'll give kudos to anyone that answers / solves the problem.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try giving them manual cold inits starting with the VMS then moving to the IPs

Unplug the VMS and as soon as you plug back in keep pressing menu on the remote until the displays reads I think “run”. Then use the down arrow until you get to “cold”. Then press ok. Will take about 10 min once done if that fixed it then move on to the IPs. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Keep in mind cold init will factory reset all settings. Before you do that, export series to cloud. Will save all of your series settings.

And if you use similar settings on all boxes, you can import setting from one into the VMS, then import from it to each other boxes.

0 Likes