Lost Fios Guide after router upgrade
DonDueed

My old Fios router died and Verizon replaced it with a new model.  The new router has no coax connection, only Ethernet.  The new router is working fine for internet and WiFi connections.

Now, a few days after the upgrade, I have no guide for Fios TV.  Obviously I can't reconnect the coax to the new router (model CR1000A) since it has no such connection.

My STB is a few years old.  It's a Motorola QIP7232 2.  Is there any way to get the guide information to this STB from the new router?  For example, can it be connected over WiFi for this function?  Or will I need to get a new STB as well?

If the latter I may just forego it, since I'll be moving in a month or so and won't have Fios at the new place.

Thanks for any help you can give me in the meantime!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Lost Fios Guide after router upgrade
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DonDueed wrote:

My old Fios router died and Verizon replaced it with a new model.  The new router has no coax connection, only Ethernet.  The new router is working fine for internet and WiFi connections.

Now, a few days after the upgrade, I have no guide for Fios TV.  Obviously I can't reconnect the coax to the new router (model CR1000A) since it has no such connection.

My STB is a few years old.  It's a Motorola QIP7232 2.  Is there any way to get the guide information to this STB from the new router?  For example, can it be connected over WiFi for this function?  Or will I need to get a new STB as well?

If the latter I may just forego it, since I'll be moving in a month or so and won't have Fios at the new place.

Look here at Page 9 for a picture of what the back of your router should look like. There SHOULD be a coax connector on the lower back of the unit:

https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/cr1000a-verizon-router-user-guide.pdf

View solution in original post

clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DonDueed wrote:

Look here at Page 9 for a picture of what the back of your router should look like. There SHOULD be a coax connector on the lower back of the unit:

https://scache.vzw.com/dam/support/pdf/user_guide/cr1000a-verizon-router-user-guide.pdf

DonDueed

Oh man, what a "Doh!" moment.  I must have looked at that thing half a dozen times without noticing the coax jack.

In my defense, when I reported the dead router, the Verizon tech said something about the new one not using coax.  I jumped to a conclusion.  You see what you expect to see, I guess.

Anyhow, thanks.  All good now.

0 Likes
clem21
MVP MVP
MVP

@DonDueed wrote:

Oh man, what a "Doh!" moment.  I must have looked at that thing half a dozen times without noticing the coax jack.

In my defense, when I reported the dead router, the Verizon tech said something about the new one not using coax.  I jumped to a conclusion.  You see what you expect to see, I guess.

You were close, I believe the new 5G based routers do not use a coax connection any more. Hopefully once you get that coax hooked back up you'll see the guide again.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

@DonDueed wrote:

The rep was referring to MoCA WAN connection. All verizon router models before the CR1000A had the ability for a MoCA WAN connection at 100 mbps and below. The CR1000A only has MoCA LAN for the STBs/extenders. In order to use the CR1000A you need to be provisioned on ethernet WAN. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes