Re: Low audio for one channel
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@King1996 wrote:

It’s affecting commercials too. Audio format is Mono and audio pass through is disabled 

If there isn't a good reason to have your audio set to mono, try setting it to surround. You could also try setting the passthrough option to enable and see if that helps. Other than that, it sounds like the usual non-compliance issue with many broadcasters. Outside chance for a fault in the Fios box, but that's a longshot.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hi Clem,

I think this is a content-provider issue as I can duplicate what the OP is experiencing. The audio level on Disney Channel is lower than what is found on other channels.

I'm curious to see if other carriers are experiencing the same situation.

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dexman wrote:

Hi Clem,

I think this is a content-provider issue as I can duplicate what the OP is experiencing. The audio level on Disney Channel is lower than what is found on other channels.

I'm curious to see if other carriers are experiencing the same situation.

True, but he could get far better quality audio switching to surround from mono.

King1996

Yes I switched to surround and changed audio pass through to enable and the audio is still low. It’s actually 4 channels now that’s having this problem. Disney Channel, FX, FXX, and Freeform. Aren’t they part of the same company 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

True. They are all affiliated with Disney.

King1996

Yea then it’s definitely a content provider issue 

0 Likes
King1996

I just got a replacement Fios tv one box from Verizon and it’s still the same issue. Those 4 channels are still low audio 

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon would need to check the feed from the Disney and compare it to what it is receiving from other content providers to determine if the cause is within the network or outside of it.

King1996

Yea I’m still having this low audio problem with those 4 channels. FX, FXX, Disney Channel, and Freeform 

0 Likes
King1996

Anybody else having this problem ?

0 Likes