Media Manager 9.6.12 won't run; insists that I "upgrade" to same version, refuses to run
Gewgaws

Every time I run Media Manager, an Upgrade window appears with the options to "Quit" or "Upgrade".

I can't use Media Manager because I can't dismiss this upgrade box without selecting one of those two buttons. 

- Clicking "Quit" exists the upgrade application and Media Manager completely,

- Clicking "Upgrade" closes Media Manager and launches "Verizon Media Manager-9.6.12 Setup", with the options to Repair or Remove.

I've repaired the installation several times with no errors, but every time Media Manager launches, this process starts again (with the modal Upgrade window). I've completely uninstalled Media Manager (both through the Upgrade app and via Add/Remove Programs) and reinstalled it from a fresh download. I've rebooted at every opportunity along the upgrade and remove/reinstall paths. The results are always the same: double-click Media Manager, it loads, it says I have to upgrade or quit.

I'm running on a fully patched XPsp3 machine. The only other apps on this box are Panda Cloud Antivirus, TRENDnet SecureView (IP camera montior), PerfectDisk (defragger), and an [inactive] installation of Cerberus FTP Server. The machine also serves as a VPN gateway into my home network (via built-in XP services, nothing 3rd party). Besides periodic updates, no programs have been added or removed in at least two years.

The problem likely started sometime within the past few months; I just noticed it I recently when I went to check the PC's status.

Suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager 9.6.12 won't run; insists that I "upgrade" to same version, refuses to r
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I haven't other reports of this happening. Are you able to successfully install and use it on other machines in the house? It sounds like there is something interacting with it causing problems which we would need to isolate programs one by one to find which is the offending program.

0 Likes