Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Media Manager & Network Stored Media

Joe
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Media Manager & Network Stored Media

Message 1 of 2
(8,447 Views)

Has anyone been able to have media stored on a NAS accessed through the STB? Because of sheer volume and size, I have a USR8700 NAS on my network that contains all my video/pictures and can't seem to identify "network" folders in the Media Manager software. I suspect this is something directly related to the MM software.

Also - has anyone tried streaming / watching AVCHD video (ie. HD) on the STB? I suspect that's going to be another challenge.

Because I got the HMDVR, I decided to sacrifice my Netgear EVA700 Digital Entertainer, but I'm concerned that wasn't a wise thing to do...

Thoughts? I'm not even sure who I should contact at Verizon to discuss this with...

1 REPLY 1
CSimpson
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Re: Media Manager & Network Stored Media

Message 2 of 2
(8,404 Views)
@Joe wrote:

Also - has anyone tried streaming / watching AVCHD video (ie. HD) on the STB? I suspect that's going to be another challenge.

Because I got the HMDVR, I decided to sacrifice my Netgear EVA700 Digital Entertainer, but I'm concerned that wasn't a wise thing to do...

Thoughts? I'm not even sure who I should contact at Verizon to discuss this with...

AFAIK, IMG 1.6 coupled with the 'yet to be released' latest version of Meda Manager uses a VLC Player based engine to render video streamed from the PC -> STB/TV.  This is great news as VLC Player will support just about any video format, including AVCHD/MKV/MP4 etc.  I just wish IMG 1.6 supported other media server software (Nero, TVersity, Twonky Media, etc) instead of Verizon having to create their own.  Seems kind of stupid if you ask me.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title