Media Manager and Macintosh OS X
drrich
Enthusiast - Level 3

When will Verizon get around to having a version of Media Manager that works with the Mac operating system. Since OS X is based on UNIX which was originally developed by the Bell Labs you would think think there would no problem in coding this. 

I am beginning to get upset with all the ads being sent to me by Verizon touting the wonderful features available through Media Manager but available only to those running a Windows operating system. 

Verizon  - every time you send one of these ads to your Macintosh users you are telling them we don't value you as much as we value our Windows customers. If you want to keep out business please consider making your products available to all of your customers.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager and Macintosh SO X
PJL
Master - Level 3

You're behind on this one.  The Mac version is available at http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/UnProtected/MediaManager.aspx?os=Mac.  It requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or greater
iTunes® version 7 or greater, iPhoto® version 6 or greater, and Quicktime version 7 greater.  So your criticism seems a little out of date.

0 Likes
notolaf

Actually -- and thank you so much for posting the correct link -- it's Verizon that needs to update their site, because when I went to the Media Manager download page just now, it informed me there was no Mac version.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

I'm not sure what page your looking at, but all of the Verizon Media Manager download pages I just found include both a PC and Mac version.  Glad you got the version you needed.

0 Likes
rama11

I have followed every link for the download for media manager for Macintosh OSX.  Here is one description:

"The Media Manager is now under My Apps in the My Services section.

To download Media Manager or any FiOS app for your phone, computer or FiOS TV, try these steps:

1. Go to verizon.com and then login with your Verizon residential account's userid and password.
  2. After succcessfully signing in, go to the following URL  https://www22.verizon.com/fiostv/myapps/members/apps.aspx. You can also navigate to this section of the website by clicking on the (red menu) My Verizon -- My Services -- My Apps, or by clicking on (grey section) I Want To... -- Download Apps.
  3. From there, you should see 4 categories:  Mobile, Computer, FiOS TV Apps, TV Partners. 
  4. Click on 'Computer' and you should see the MAC version, with a button on the bottom of the page that says 'Download for Mac'."

I am simply not getting the option for Computer in step 3.  I only see mobile, tv and tv partners.

Please tell me where the right download link is!

0 Likes
sturner0430
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, just because Verizon is a large company doesn't mean that they don't have a crappy website, and horrible design.

I searched for the Media Manager and I found this snippet returned:

"FiOS TV: The Verizon Media Manager application for PC and MAC is being retired and is no longer available for new downloads on your computer. ..."

The basic answer is there is no application, it has been retired.

However, the link returned by that search is also dead.

Way to go Verizon.

How about hiring some competent Web designers and programmers?

0 Likes