Media Manager Audio Playback Issues
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This thread is for posting issues with the Media Manager Audio Playback.

0 Likes
Media Manager No Sound
randyfoss
I am able to view photos on my TV through Media Manager but whenever I attempt to play any music files (including the sample files), the tv  screen shows a progress bar for the music file but no sound is played.  Anyone else encounter this problem?
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager No Sound
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Hello Randyfoss,

What operating system are you running on the pc that you have media manager installed?

0 Likes
Weekender
Enthusiast - Level 3

Similar behavior, although I don't see a progress bar.  I see the song name and album artwork, but that's it.  No sound.  "Exit" or "Stop" will eventually back me out.  I un-installed and re-installed and it worked immediately after.  Next time I tried to play any music, I was back at the same behavior (not working).  I am experiencing the same behavior on XP and Vista.

0 Likes
randyfoss
Windows XP
0 Likes
Computer locks up using media manager
mdsbuc
I've been toying with media manager during the 90 day trial period.  Photos seem to run without a problem, but when I send music files my computer will lock up.  This can happen anytime between the first song played, and almost surely by the 10th to 15th song. After this comes the lengthy process of a hard boot. Very frustrating.  I converted all of my music files from 320kbps to 192kbps thinking that the lower bit rate might correct the problem, but the only difference I can see or hear is in the quality of the sound.  The lock up still occurs.   I like the potential of the media player and would surely sign up for it if I can get past this glitch.
0 Likes
Re: Computer locks up using media manager
mdsbuc
Quite a coincidence that I posted my issue yesterday and today the new upgraded version comes out.  So far I have no more lockups with the newer issue of media manager, only an occasional hiccup while playing a song.  It seems like a big improvement so far.  I hope this holds up and is not that I have been "lucky" so far today.
0 Likes
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1
Installed new media manager this morning on x64 Win7 RC, video/pic showed, but when I tried the sample music, it locked up my FIOS DVR.   I had to power it off completely to get it back.
0 Likes
Media Manager streaming music problem
mkgator2

I would love to stream my music collection but every time I try the dvr box locks up solid.  I have a large music collection (over 10k) songs and I think that may be the problem.

I noticed in this new software it gave the option to import from iTunes.  Do you think this would help?  How is this different from just having the Media Manager do this?

Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
surgey
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here...it finds my server just fine, I can browse files and display pictures but cannot play music.

The progress bar goes, but no sound.

Videos won't play at all either.  It says timed out.

I have no firewall.

My server is Vista x64 ultimate connected to a gigabit ethernet switch, which is connected to the verizon Actiontek router.

I can ping the STB fine, and I can do netstat -a and see that the STB connects to me fine on port 18001.

Any ideas?

I run ORB 2.0 on the same box, which can stream my media over the internet and to my cell phone.

Never had any problems with ORB.  I wish ORB could stream to the STB so we wouldn't have to use this crappy (no offence) media manager program.

Edit:
 Almost positive this is a codec problem.  I can see that media manager attempts to open ffdshow then it closes right away.
If ffdshow is screwing it up then oh well, I guess I can't use media manager because I rely on ORB to use ffdshow.
 What a shame.
Message Edited by surgey on 07-21-2009 08:39 PM
0 Likes