Media Mgr Help
ajweisler

I've played around a bit and have a few questions/comments:

Music:

1.  Is there a button to "shuffle" a play list?  What buttons do what on the remote?  All I seem to be able to do is go forward and back.  No pause or shuffle.

2.  I find navigating the music a bit difficult.  I would like to be able to go Artist/Album like in other music programs (like iTunes).  It seems I can either go by Artist OR Album here, not Artist first and then into that artist's albums.

3.  The songs by album are in alpha, not numeric order

4.  I have a huge music collection -- there should be a way to jump down, for example, the artist menu more quickly.  (In my old Tivo version, I could use digits 1-9 on the remote to go a percentage through menu -- i.e. if I wanted to go to "Los Lobos", or about halfway through the alphabet, I would choose "4" or "5".

Video:

1.  My videos play in a small box on the screen -- can it be expanded to the whole TV?

2.  Some of my .avi files play, and some don't.  (The ones that don't are home videos from minidv, captured by WinDV)

3.  I'll echo the request to be able to "control" the video file with pause, etc.

Anybody lend any help?

0 Likes
Re: Media Mgr Help
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@ajweisler wrote:

I've played around a bit and have a few questions/comments:

Music:

1.  Is there a button to "shuffle" a play list?  What buttons do what on the remote?  All I seem to be able to do is go forward and back.  No pause or shuffle.

2.  I find navigating the music a bit difficult.  I would like to be able to go Artist/Album like in other music programs (like iTunes).  It seems I can either go by Artist OR Album here, not Artist first and then into that artist's albums.

3.  The songs by album are in alpha, not numeric order

4.  I have a huge music collection -- there should be a way to jump down, for example, the artist menu more quickly.  (In my old Tivo version, I could use digits 1-9 on the remote to go a percentage through menu -- i.e. if I wanted to go to "Los Lobos", or about halfway through the alphabet, I would choose "4" or "5".

Video:

1.  My videos play in a small box on the screen -- can it be expanded to the whole TV?

2.  Some of my .avi files play, and some don't.  (The ones that don't are home videos from minidv, captured by WinDV)

3.  I'll echo the request to be able to "control" the video file with pause, etc.

Anybody lend any help?

I'm not an expert, although I know enough to say that MM needs a LOT of work.  To your questions:

(1) No.  Hardly any buttons do ANYTHING.  There is no PAUSE.  There is no SHUFFLE.  If you make a playlist in MM on your PC, then you can play that playlist in order on your DVR.

(2) Agreed

(3) Yup

(4) Yup - there SHOULD be, but isn't

Video:

(1) Yes.  Press the OK button while a video is playing to call up another menu with Full-screen as an option.

(2) Terrible problem for me as well.  It seems random when MM decides that it will or will not play seemingly supported formats.  The BIGGEST problem w/ MM if you ask me,

(3) Agree - it should be there, but is not.  REALLY poor Human Engineering on this to date.

I hope fixes are on the way.

0 Likes