Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Media Manager Installation Issues

KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Media Manager Installation Issues

Message 38 of 79
(21,260 Views)

This board is for all the installation issues asssociated with Media Manager.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer that solved your issue as the accepted solution.

78 REPLIES 78
raylock
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Media manager software problem

Message 1 of 79
(21,845 Views)

I downloaded the media manager software and installed it on an XP laptop.  It works fine, no problem.  I then downloaded the software and installed on my wife's vista laptop and can not get it to work.  Well, it works partially, the MMDVR sees the machine and I can view the demonstration pictures over my network.  However, I can not add any pictures to the MM program.  The add screen comes up and I am allowed to sellect files or folders to be added, but the "add" "next" buttons disappear.  There is no way to actually save the added file or folder to the multi media screen.  I have uninstalled the software and re-installed it.  That did not help.  I wonder if this is a vista problem?  Any other ideas.\?

Thanks

Ray

BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Re: Media manager software problem

Message 2 of 79
(21,831 Views)

What version of Vista (32 Bit or 64 BIt) are you using.

I believe that the software does not support the 64 bit version.

Message Edited by BrianMcD on 07-15-2009 10:17 PM
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
raylock
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 3 of 79
(21,803 Views)
64 Bit version.  Bummer.  Thanks
burbsofny
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 79
(21,714 Views)
That is really a bummer, as I too am running 64 bit Vista.  I have been waiting what seems to be forever for the version that supports videos and now that it's out it doesn't work with 64 bit Vista.
Pyao
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 5 of 79
(21,716 Views)
It ran fine on my Win7 x64 RC for picture and video but locks up DVR on music -- which I am not sure if it's because of x64.
raylock
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 79
(21,686 Views)
If you sign up for the new product trials at www.verizon.com/testtrack  you can download the new version which seem to work on 64 bit machines.
BrianMcD
Silver Contributor III
Silver Contributor III

Message 7 of 79
(21,661 Views)

The Trial Version (9.2.70) is now available in Production (9.2.70). Thenew version can be downloaded from:

http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/MyAccount/members/MediaManager.aspx

There was a STB Announcement about new functionality that is included in the new version.

Here are the system requirements that they have posted:

Installation Requirements
  • Home Media DVR service.
    Find out more about Home Media DVR
  • Windows PC with SP1 or SP2 XP or Windows Vista (32-bit) connected to Verizon FiOS Home network *
  • 1GHz Intel or AMD processor or better.
  • 512MB RAM. (2GB RAM recommended for best performance)
  • 500MB free hard drive space.
  • Windows Media Player 9.0 or above.
  • Adobe Flash Player version 10.
Message Edited by BrianMcD on 07-20-2009 03:27 AM
Message Edited by BrianMcD on 07-20-2009 03:32 AM
Message Edited by BrianMcD on 07-20-2009 03:32 AM
Message Edited by BrianMcD on 07-20-2009 03:33 AM
If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the "Kudos" button.
TheOCfrmOntario
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 9 of 79
(21,575 Views)

I am also having the same problem with the new software 9.2 upgrade on my Vista Computer.

The prior Media Manager software worked on my Vista computer, but not the new 9.2 software upgrade that Verizon sent to me.  As a result of the new 9.2 software, I have lost access to photos and music stored on my DVR.

I have called Verizon and spent over 6 plus hours, but no one has been able to resolve this issue.  The Verizon Tech's had remote access to my computer and they un-installed and re-installed the software and the Media Manager did not launch on my computer.

I am frustrated with this problem.  I hope someone from Verizon will see this message and resolve this issue soon for us Vista users.

TheOCfrmOntario
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Media Manager Software Version 9.2 Upgrade Issues

Message 8 of 79
(21,617 Views)

Verizon sent a software version 9.2 upgrade of Media Manager and the new upgrade is unable to launch on my Windows Vista computer.

The prior version of Media Manager worked on my computer before, but the new software upgrade does not open on my computer.  

Has anyone had any issues with the new software upgrade?  How was the issue resolved?  I have spent 6 plus hours with Verizon and the issue has not been resolved. 

I have lost access to photos and music stored on Media Manager as a result of the new software upgrade.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title