Re: Media manager video
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

Have you checked the video settings in media manager to see if they are set on high or max? If it is set to high or max already, that is the best the video is going to look. I am sure as they fine tune things and update the software that it will get better. but for now...that is it. My kids are getting use out of mm in their rooms because they don't have big screens. They are able to watch a video without seeing that the picture really does stink. The best  for what you are trying to do is the Xbox 360 of the Ps3. The quality is great.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager video playback issues
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

there is no mention of what resolutions or bitrates can be handled by the software.

There are three major factors that affect playback. 1) Video Format, 2) Resolution, and 3) Bitrate

If the resolution or bitrate are too high, you'll get poor quality or no playback at all (even if you are using a supported video format like mp4).

Hey, thanks for this post. I am running into problems right now trying to get avi videos to stream. Some do and some dont. Like you said, I feel it has to do with the resolution and bitrate of the file. If it they are too high then I think that is where the "video not supported" nag is coming from.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager Video Playback Issues
Greg26001
Contributor - Level 2

I'll use Media Manager and You Tube Widget fine, and the next day it won't work.  You Tube says "Error in Playing Video."  MM gives an error.  I fix both by reinstalling Media Manager, but this is ridiculous I have to reinstall every time.

0 Likes
pgfernandes

Did tech support ever resolve this issue or provide guidance?  I am unable to successfully stream the verizon media manager sample video Tokyo Harbor.  Looks fine on the PC but stutters horribly as streamed to TVs.  Thank you.

0 Likes
dbjfitz
Enthusiast - Level 2

@dbjfitz wrote:

I have a quad core computer. I get 25/25mps both down and up on speed tests. This computer is hardwired to the router.

When I was with DirecTV I used Tversity to flawlessly stream videos from my computer to my DVR and from there to my HDTV. I was a very happy person. Now I have FIOS and I tried the same setup. First off, Media Manager doesn't support as many video types as Tversity did. Next, the video quality is crap. Huge swatches of patches in multicolors dancing here and there sporadically. Constant hiccuping of both video and sound. About 4 to 7 times a minute. As the recording gets to about the 7 minute mark the audio is noticably playing faster than the video is. By the time it is at the 35 min mark the audio is about 3 to 4 seconds off of the video sync and the hiccuping is now about 25 times a minute. Yes, like every 2 to 3 seconds! But you try and bare with it to just get to through the last 5 minutes.

I guess I am back to burning videos to DVD's where I can watch them on my DVD player flawlessly in HD, have the sound sync up and have the ability to fast forward and reverse without it crapping out.

Wow... So because of an FTP issue I was having I swapped out my new MI424WR Rev. E router for my old MI424WR Rev. D router. The main different between the two of them is that the new one has a dual core 64bit processor and is therefor supposed to handle way more data... If you are watching HD FIOS TV, kids are downloading 3.2mbs torrents and wife is streaming audio into another room, this new router was supposed to combat choppiness.

So... My old router which uses way less power is now handling my FTP connection like a pro...

But wait, there's more!!!

So I say, hmm... Perhaps I should also try out my streaming video problems???

I am happy to report they are all fixed too! I can now download something to my computer, stream it to my TV using Verizon Media Manager and have it show up without hesitation, choppiness or unsync'ed audio/video.

If you are having a problem with crappy video I highly recommend you find someone that got the FIOS service for the Internet only and did so about 3 to 5 years ago... Swap routers and they get something that consumes more power, but is supposed to be all that and a bag of chips... Don't worry about feeling like a jerk about it because they don't watch FIOS TV on their router and they don't FTP anything unless they are a webmaster... You get working video, snappy FTP connections and pride in knowing that your proverbial Toyota Prius of a router is saving the planet while doing a better job than its beefier counterparts!

0 Likes
Chandresh
Enthusiast - Level 1

The tokyo video plays, albeit, in the vhs quality that people have mentioned. I have an mp4 video file in 720p bitrate res. This file times out. Youtube etc. works fine.

I tried all settings in the video settings - medium, medium/high and high.

Why isn't the 720p file playing?

CJ

0 Likes
Media Manager - "Cannot Play Video at this time" + "Debug Assertion Failed!"
tiw

Hello. I seldom ask for help, but I am desperate.  I have been using Verizon Media Manager for 3 months now, and until recently it has been working just fine.  About a week ago my Media Manager started to act up, and I am now unable to stream videos to my  TV.  No matter what format the video is, I get a "This video cannot be played at this time" error; what makes this really strange is that when I go back to my PC I see a  error notification:

Microsoft Visual  C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\Windows\SysW0W64\regsvr32.exe
File: f:\dd\vctools\crt_bld\self_x86\crt\src\tcspy_s.inl
Line: 30

Expression: (L "Buffer is too small" && 0)

For information on how your program can cause assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

I've done all I can to remedy  the problem but nothing seems to work. 

I would really appreciate it if I could get some help, I'd like to solve this problem as soon as possible.  Thank you.  Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Gus_Gutz
Enthusiast - Level 3

Don't worry about feeling like a jerk about it because they don't watch FIOS TV on their router and they don't FTP anything unless they are a webmaster... You get working video, snappy FTP connections and pride in knowing that your proverbial Toyota Prius of a router is saving the planet while doing a better job than its beefier counterparts!

The old routers have small NAT tables that can cause problems with server lists in Steam. When the nat table is full the routers will appear to hang. I have a Rev E router and have no problems with steaming the video to my TV.

What I don't like is the transition between videos is choppy with blank screens and sound. Using media manager is like watching a video using remote desktop to watch a video, it can be done, but why. 

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager - "Cannot Play Video at this time" + "Debug Assertion Failed!"
tiw

I'd also like to add that I am running on a clean install of Windows 7 at the moment, and I am still getting the same problems. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Media Manager for MAC
nyjet19

Does anyone know when we might see an upgrade to media manager for MAC's. I am looking to do internet radio and video streaming to my TV like I can with my Windows PC.

0 Likes