Re: Media Manager Video Playback Issues
ImageSurferPro

I think this is a similar issue if not the exact same issue as some of the posts from over a year ago...

I have a Windows7 64-bit machine which is to be my media server. It is running the latest MM software. My multi-room DVR is also updated. I have spent several hours on live chat with support where I gave them control of the PC and we've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, rebooted, run all the updates, checked ping rates, verified router and firewall configurations, turned all firewalls off etc...

They eventually said I needed a new rounter - new router has been installed and configured as they suggested

I still have the problem...

I can see the PC from the DVR. I can play music, photos, and internet videos from both YouTube.com and Veoh.com

I can play exactly 1 video (any video - your sample, the windows sample, a downloaded WMV file, whatever) stored on the PC. After playing that video, all subsequent attempts to play a video time out. If I restart MM on the PC I can again play one video (any video) and then all subsequent attempts time out.

I have plugged a Windows Vista PC in to the exact same Ethernet port and connected to it from the DVR. It will play multiple videos without issue.  The Vista PC is not nearly as powerful and has less than 1/2 the memory of the Winows7 64bit PC.

Is this a known issue with Windows 64-bit?

Thanks for any input,

Brian

0 Likes
Liam31

mine does that now. just started. one video then nothing else until i restart MM

0 Likes
jtb2tab

Does media manager support M2TS/AVCHD video files?  If not, any idea when this will happen.  It is the standard on most Sony and Panasonic HD video recorders...and now many streaming services/apps support their playback as well.  I cannot get Media Manager to do so.

0 Likes
mlandstreet1

Same issue as most others.  Playback works fine for 1 video stored on my pc then nothing but timeouts thereafter until I restart Media Manager.

Windows 7 64bit.

0 Likes
jdj1971

Playback issues here too... Choppy playback..... sometimes after watching for 30+ mins the video will start playing normally, not always though.

9100EM router, Win 7 64bit, 8GB ram, quad core AMD Black edition 3.0Ghz. 

When I start a video stream to one of the STBs, I see about 30% cpu utilization per core and 5% utilization on the network interface. I'm hardwired into the router too.. So I don't think it's my PC not keeping up. 

Any hope for an update to fix this?

How about adding some GPU acceleration or something? 

0 Likes
Jennjun

I decided to download the movie and play it back local. Still bad framerate and quality. Lucky Verizon let me try this for free. Never going to rent movies from their service. Too low bitrate and hardly HD. Back to Amazon Instant Video.

0 Likes
tns
Master - Level 2

@Jennjun wrote:

I decided to download the movie and play it back local. Still bad framerate and quality. Lucky Verizon let me try this for free. Never going to rent movies from their service. Too low bitrate and hardly HD. Back to Amazon Instant Video.

Media manager has pretty much nothing to do with renting movies.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager video playback issues
TheLittleDharma

CODEC:

I can't remember all the ones the tecnician provided, however XVID was on the top of his list, as well as MPEG, and MJPEG.

XVID

MPEG

MJPEG

0 Likes