Media Manager Video Playback Issues
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

This thread is for any Video Playback Issues associated with Media Manager.

0 Likes
Media Manager Video feature
Pyao
Contributor - Level 1

1. Is it showing the video in resolution lower than the original?   It seems not as clear.

2. Can .MOV be supported in the future?   My Cannon camera records in .MOV 1280x768.   I would prefer not having to convert the format.

Separately, can the future remote control buttons be made easier to press (use less force)?   It's pretty hard and with a lot of clicks it gets a bit tiring on the thumb.   

0 Likes
Media Manager
SHARKMAN44
Contributor - Level 1

So I just downloaded the new media manager and tried to get the video to work. I get the message "Media Manager is unable to play the video at this time. Please try again later"..

Can someone help?

thanks

sharkman

0 Likes
Media Manager video playback issues
lpiatt

As in, it won't play back ANYTHING. Internet, AVI, MPG, MP4.. it all times out.

I've installed the latest version of the MM software on a PC wired directly to the router, I've installed the latest Windows Media Player, I'm on XP SP3.

Media Manager software can see and will play files (though not all are shown.. I assume that's a CODEC issue),  the STB lists the files the software does, but when trying to play them back, it times out.

I've reset the PC. I've reset the STB. Music plays, Photos show.. but Video will not.

Message Edited by ElizabethS on 07-21-2009 03:18 PM
0 Likes
Re: Media Manager
VZ_Brian
Contributor - Level 2

Are you able to stream pictures/audio?  If so, what file format is the video in? 

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2
Well the media manager last I heard couldnt do the video yet. Unless it has recently changed. It was one of those "future features". Anyone hear if the newest version has finally enabled the video?
0 Likes
ilovevz
You need to setup your parental control pin first.  It's under the settings menu.
0 Likes
media manager video playback
ilovevz

i like to watch old tv shows on www.in2tv.com

they do not allow users to download the shows.  will i be able to watch them on my tv via media manager in the future?  as far as i can tell, you can only watch video that is saved on your PC & the 3 or 4 websites that are accessible via the media manager.

0 Likes
Re: Media Manager video playback issues
ilovevz
have you tried setting up the parental control PIN first, via the settings menu?
0 Likes
salsaman2
I'm also having problems playing videos from my PC or from the Internet with the new Media Manager. Music and Photos function normally. When I initially installed the software I was able to stream the videos then it stopped. I'm running Vista 32, the video format is avi and firewall software is setup to allow Media Manager through.
0 Likes