Merry Christmas - Shipping Fee
IPaying805

I just got a new TV for Christmas. Now I just need to pay Verizon an extra $11.99/month to be able to watch it in my room. I have no problem paying this monthly fee for the rest of my life. But first I have to pay Verizon a $19.99 shipping fee for the privilege of being able to pay a monthly fee that they will make most of their money from. Does this make sense? I mean Verizon buys these boxes for $20 and charge customers $12/month to use them. I think Verizon can afford the shipping  considering they break-even in the first quarter.

0 Likes
Re: Merry Christmas - Shipping Fee
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@IPaying805 wrote:

I just got a new TV for Christmas. Now I just need to pay Verizon an extra $11.99/month to be able to watch it in my room. I have no problem paying this monthly fee for the rest of my life. But first I have to pay Verizon a $19.99 shipping fee for the privilege of being able to pay a monthly fee that they will make most of their money from. Does this make sense? I mean Verizon buys these boxes for $20 and charge customers $12/month to use them. I think Verizon can afford the shipping  considering they break-even in the first quarter.

Look at it this way.  Watching TV in your room is an elective activity.  You don't really have to do it.  It's not like breathing.

If you want to have a good time, most often you have to pay for it.

0 Likes
Re: Merry Christmas - Shipping Fee
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Odd.  Normally  they do not charge a shipping fee for a new box added for additional service.

0 Likes