Re: Missing Features (why I won't yet recommend FiOS TV)
Jim785
Contributor - Level 1

Jamieva  is correct.. The content that is broadcast on basically all of the channels is not selected by Verizon.. That is what the provider (ABC,HBO,CBS,SHOWTIME, etc) have decided on to broadcast on their channels. We have no control over their programming decisions. As much as I would love to be able to get the newest movies on a movie channel they are unfortunately never going to be the newest and latest movies out (The movie studios still have to make the most money they can by selling the movies on dvd first before going into broadcast). But honestly sometimes some of the older movies on the movie channels are enjoyable or even the show's that are exclusive for that program (HBO was mentioned so I immediately think of True Blood)..

Hope this helps clear up some of the misunderstandings on who actually controls what is being shown.

Re: Missing Features (why I won't yet recommend FiOS TV)
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

@dbfios wrote:

re: movie information on the Guide - unless I'm not doing it right, I can't see the date of movies shown on TCM, but could see the dates for movies on that channel when I was on DTV (just switched to FiOS two weeks ago). So, in this instance, it doesn't seem like it's the provider who isn't making the information available (and yes, I did scroll down to see more info on the guide)

The Program Guide is not provided by the CONTENT providers, but by an independent company called FYI.  It is THEY who put the info (correct or incorrect or incomplete) into the progam guide, it has nothing to do with the actual station's content provider.  FIOS has routinely "hid" behind this defense that FIOS does not generate the PG, but if FYI provides such a shoddy product, then Verizon should drop them, and hire somebody who could do it right.
0 Likes