Missing HBO/Showtime with Extreme HD
PuzzledInNY
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a Verizon FIOS customer for about two years now with Triple Play and the FIOS TV Extreme HD for the TV portion of my bundle. I found out that some time since I got FIOS that HBO, Showtime and some random other channels have since been added to Extreme HD channel lineup, but I don't have access to them, either on my STB or my CableCard. I only received HBO when I was given it for a few months until 9/30/13 as a complimentary offer, but HBO doesn't work through my CableCard for some reason either. However, when I called Tech Support about my missing channels, I was told that it would cost me around $20 a month extra to get channels that should be part of my bundle package. I know FIOS has some grandfathered in TV packages, but I see nothing on the website or my Account Services page that distinguishes my Extreme HD from the current Extreme HD. If I check my channel line-up when logged in, it still shows those premium channels as included. Even having re-bundled my services for a new 2-year agreement didn't seem to update my Extreme HD to include those channels. Am I crazy or should I be getting those channels without having to pay more than I already am? It seems like Verizon is good at taking channels out of my line-up, but not adding new ones to it. I still have my 30-day buyer's remorse period from re-bundling, so maybe I just need to jump ship to Optimum since I didn't even get to keep all of my old discounts with this new contract anyway.

0 Likes