Missing HD channels and interference on other SD channels
rossp

This problem started about 2 weeks ago, and a couple of calls to Verizon have not helped.  Response is that everything looks fine on their end and it must be an issue with my end.  This impacted both TVs at the same time, so I can rule out cabling from the splitter to the set top box as a source.  To try and narrow down the issue I bought a brand new coax cable and connected it directly from the ONT to my STB (bypassing the splitter and any other cables) - no difference. Seems to be that it must be upstream from the ONT - I've tried resetting the ONT by powering off and pulling the UPS battery, with no impact. 

Any ideas on this one before I drop a couple of hundred bucks on someone coming out?  I'm not sure how VZ can offer to send someone at my own cost for this one when I can't see what else can actually be wrong on my end....

My neighbor and I are the only houses on the lines that come across the street, and his service is fine so it's definitely something unique to me. 

0 Likes
Re: Missing HD channels and interference on other SD channels
PJL
Master - Level 3

@rossp wrote:

This problem started about 2 weeks ago, and a couple of calls to Verizon have not helped.  Response is that everything looks fine on their end and it must be an issue with my end.  This impacted both TVs at the same time, so I can rule out cabling from the splitter to the set top box as a source.  To try and narrow down the issue I bought a brand new coax cable and connected it directly from the ONT to my STB (bypassing the splitter and any other cables) - no difference. Seems to be that it must be upstream from the ONT - I've tried resetting the ONT by powering off and pulling the UPS battery, with no impact. 

Any ideas on this one before I drop a couple of hundred bucks on someone coming out?  I'm not sure how VZ can offer to send someone at my own cost for this one when I can't see what else can actually be wrong on my end....

My neighbor and I are the only houses on the lines that come across the street, and his service is fine so it's definitely something unique to me. 

You shouldn't have to pay for a service call for an issue like this.

0 Likes