Missing High Def channel on DVR box - anybody else?
Ram1105
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi All: we just had FIOS installed and have a DVR hookup for one of our LCD TVs. Lately we've had problems getting one of the high def channels to display. The TV is on but we either just hear sound with no display or no sound or display. If we try to select it from other working channels, it shows the channel number on the DVR but remains on the channel we're trying to change from. We have another LCD TV with a normal STB hookup and the channel displays just fine. I suspect something is wrong with the DVR box but wanted to hear if others had similar problems and what the outcome was.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Missing High Def channel on DVR box - anybody else?
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
It would help if you tell everybody what channel it is that you are missing.
0 Likes
Ram1105
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi -

Didn't think it would really matter since the channel works fine on my other TV but it's 814, an ABC affiliate based in Philly. I swapped the HDMI cable and also powered off the DVR to see if that helps.

0 Likes
Ucamuk1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi Ram

I'm not sure what you mean by 'powered off the DVR', but I would suggest you power it off, unplug the power cord either from the box or the wall, wait about half a minute and plug it back in.  Then power it on and see if the problem is solved.

Good luck

Message Edited by ucamuk on 09-10-2008 06:07 PM
0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
If you are receiving the channel on your other TV then it is either a bad RF signal to that TV or a bad coax, either way you are probably going to need Fios repair to come out and look at it with a Sunrise meter.
0 Likes
Pappydsp
Enthusiast - Level 3
I had similar problems with "service unavailable" messages in the interactive guide in addition to the situation you described.  What I am experiencing here in northern DE is apparently related to the channel realignment that is going on through 9/15/08.  I am seeing the "service unavailable message less and less now, as it nears 9/15/08.  Am also seeing in the guide that the old relocated channels are preceded with an "x", signifying that they are no longer available at that channel number.  Right now, I'm trying to be patient to see what I'll have after 9/15/08.  Good luck.
0 Likes