Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu

Missing single channel MAVTVHD on 2 TiVos

mere423
Contributor
Contributor

Missing single channel MAVTVHD on 2 TiVos

Message 1 of 1
(475 Views)
On 19 July I discovered that I do not receive, or only intermittently receive MAVTVHD, channel 810 in my area., on 2 TiVos ( premier and Roamio) with cable cards. I have had other channel issues due to Verizon authorization problems that have been resolved in their office, I do subscribe to a package that includes MAVTVHD. SometImes the channel is pixelated on one or both TiVos, whether they are side by side via a splitter, or in separate rooms on "separate" cables. Verizon has tried some things they can try from the office, and sent a tech who 1) replaced a 3 ft coax from the wall to the TiVo with a Verizon approved cable, and said he replaced a splitter outside with a verizon splitter. The channels were out when he arrived and working when he left, but were shortly out again, then intermittent, and I have had no reception of that channel for the last 10days as best I can tell. TiVos message is "searching for a signal on this channel". All other channels are fine AFAIK.
VERIZON tech suggests the problem may be the coax in my house (comcast and D in the past and MANY cables all over). If that is the case, I will be charged for the time, as I do not have the protection plan. However, I have already been charged for a fix that did not fix the problem, so I am reluctant to throw more money at it. I am not so savvy about this, but is there any way to tell if the problem is before or in or after the ONT? Is there a likely cause to be missing a single channel? Does the fact that it is MAVTVHD have any significance?
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title