Missing some HD channels during the night
gabreq2011

Hello:

I have been experiencing a particular issue during the last few weeks.

Every night, around 8pm and for a period of 2-3 hours, I am not able to watch some HD channels on any of my two STBs.

When I tune in some of these channels, I get the 'channel currently unavailable' message.

Internet speed do not seem to be affected.

Every time this issue happens, I reboot the STBs and ONT and nothing changes.

I read in this forum that missing some HD channels may be due to problems with the coaxial cable and/or splitters.

But I think that if something is wrong with the cable and/or splitter, I should be missing the channels day and night, and not only during 3 hours.

Either way, I visually inspected all visible parts of the coaxial cables and everything looks good. I also replaced all splitters, but still having the same problem.

After running some basic diagnostic functions provided by the STB, I realized that SNR levels drops from GOOD during the day to FAIR during the period of 2-3 hours during the night (missing channels shows a SNR level of 0).

Do you have any idea of what could be happening?

I would really appreciate any pointer that may help me to solve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Missing some HD channels during the night
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where are you located? Could be a bad cable from ont to first splitter.

At night as it gets cooler and humidity goes up, it can affect cable.

CHeck the connection at the not. Also check the cable.

Any cuts in the covering can let moisture in.

0 Likes
Re: Missing some HD channels during the night
gabreq2011

Hello:

After doing extensive troubleshooting, I didn't find anything unusual in the cables and connectors.

Then, I decided to open the ONT and found an amber light in the MoCA connection status.

I connected my router directly to the ONT and still got the amber light. Tried with another router, same result.

So, at this time I suspected that someting was wrong with the ONT and decided to call Technical Support. After a few questions, they decided to send a technician. After a quick check up, he decided to replace the ONT. MoCA connection status light is now green and last night all HD channels were visible again.

Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes