Mix quantum and FiOS tv one
ENFiOS1
Contributor - Level 1

I have an older HDTV that only has component inputs.  I recently upgraded and after connecting my FiOS TV One equipment on other TVs, I connected a client FiOS TV One client to this older TV with a HDMI-Component adapter I bought at a Micro Center for $50.  It wouldn’t work.  I called a high end TV entertainment store in the area and was told they did not have any adapters that work and that they were illegal since they bypassed copyright technology which is what HDMI has built into it. My question to Verizon is what do we do in this case?  I’d be happy to keep my one quantum IP client on that TV, but it’s my understanding that Quantum and FiOS TV One equipment is not interchangeable.  What is the solution?  Replacing the TV is not an option.

0 Likes
Re: Mix quantum and FiOS tv one
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately FiOS TV One only supports composite not component. You need 3.5 mm to RCA adapter. What you need is in the link below...

https://www.amazon.com/HDE-Triple-Composite-Splitter-Adapter/dp/B00CIC9KW2/ref=asc_df_B00CIC9KW2/?ta...

0 Likes
ENFiOS1
Contributor - Level 1

You have absolutely no idea what I’m asking

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

This is mainly a peer to peer support forum.

A component to HDMI adpater should work.

But a quick look shows that there are two flavors of adapter.

One is Component to HDMI and the other is HDMI to component.

You need to make sure you have a HDMI to component adapter.

Make sure any device you buy says it is to connect a HDMI device to a component monitor.

ENFiOS1
Contributor - Level 1

No adapter will work per Verizon. HDMI has copyright technology built into it, so even if the adapter appears to be what I need, it won’t work...and I have proven that.

Thank you, however for your assistance.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is incorrect. The link I sent you is what you need. In between the HDMI port and the USB port the is the AV output. But you need the adapter I told you in the link above. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need composite/AV cables. Yellow/red/white. Component wires won't work. 

0 Likes
ENFiOS1
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry if I misunderstood you, but the adapter you showed me wasn’t an HDMI - composite adapter so I thought you misunderstood ME.  The one you showed me would not produce an HDMI picture on my TV, so composite won’t work.  I thought you were showing me an audio adapter...sorry!

I returned the boxes today.  I’ll just keep the Quantum boxes with the component out. 

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sorry I did mistake your initial post. I thought it was an SDTV not an old HD. 

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would be skeptical of Verizon response.

Why do all of their other HD STBs support component output?

I assumed it was dropped from FIOSOne box strictly to make the box smaller.