Motorola DCT700 and G3100
3DTV
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the older G1100 and just received my G3100.  I have the digital adapter as the Motorola DCT700.  The existing G1100 has nothing connected to the coax port.  The coax for the DCT700 is a separate run.  The G3100 says to connect the coax but it doesn’t make any sense - since the G1100 doesn’t use the coax now.  So, does the G3100 produce the signal to be sent to the DCT700 or do I just leave the existing connection alone?  This will be VERY confusing for a novice person with the DCT700 as they will likely assume the G3100 is the source for their signal.  Ideas?  Is it okay to just leave the G3100 coax disconnected and leave the coax going to the existing DCT700 alone (as is)?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Motorola DCT700 and G3100
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DCTs don't use MoCA so they don't need to be connected to the router. They only get RF from the ONT. That's the only box you have? Either way having coax connected or not won't have any bearing on the DCT. 

View solution in original post

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The Motorola DCT700 appears to be an STB. I'm not familiar with it as it wasn't the model that Verizon provided our house for FiOS television.

The coaxial cable connection to the back of the 1100 and 3100 is to allow FiOS STBs to update channel guides, firmware updates and other administrative tasks.

It could also be used for Internet service if Verizon has it provisioned to the coaxial jack on the ONT.

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The DCTs don't use MoCA so they don't need to be connected to the router. They only get RF from the ONT. That's the only box you have? Either way having coax connected or not won't have any bearing on the DCT.