Moved. Forced to upgrade to DVR. Want to use my old Set Top Box.
SterlingNico

Hi all, I'm in a quandry.

I use to live in a one bedroom apartment, I moved next door (Same building, literally one door over) into a two bedroom apartment.

When I filled out the "Moving" paperwork online, I was never given an option to use my old equipment.  Now I'm being forced to upgrade to a DVR, which I don't want or need.   I want to use my exact same setup that I had in my old apartment (Litterally 15 yards away) which was just an old set top box, and my own router.  

Is there anything I can do?  I don't want to upgrade my equipment.  And I don't want to pay a higher bill for something I will never use.  That's just dumb. 

Every rep I talk to just tells me that I need to wait and use the new equipment that's being mailed to me. (Which should be here on the 7th.)  No one tells me why, and no one seems to really be listening to me when I say I just want my old set up at my new place.

Am I just stuck?  Anyone else have a similiar experience in being forced to upgrade and forced to pay more?  I wouldn't mind if it was just a couple of bucks, but the DVR fee is pumping my monthly bill up at least 35 dollars.   Which I'm not really ok with.

0 Likes
Re: Moved. Forced to upgrade to DVR. Want to use my old Set Top Box.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are they setting up new service or just moving your old?

0 Likes
Re: Moved. Forced to upgrade to DVR. Want to use my old Set Top Box.
SterlingNico

Moving.

0 Likes