Moving recorded programs to new DVR
ajax51

We are planning to upgrade from HD DVR to Home Media DVR.  Is there a way to transfer recorded shows from the old DVR to either a computer or the new DVR?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Moving recorded programs to new DVR
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

You don't change the box.  All FiOS DVRs are CAPABLE of the Multi-room feature.  It is merely NOT ACTIVATED unless you have ordered the service.  Tech Support merely activates the Multi-Room feature on your existing box.  So you should not lose any recordings.

I just did the reverse, and the CS reps kept insisting that they need to send me a NON-Multi-Room box and I would need to return my Multi-Room box, but after some persistence, I finally got transferred to a guy who knew what he was talking about and simply de-activated the MR features.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Moving recorded programs to new DVR
CapnTrips
Contributor - Level 3

You don't change the box.  All FiOS DVRs are CAPABLE of the Multi-room feature.  It is merely NOT ACTIVATED unless you have ordered the service.  Tech Support merely activates the Multi-Room feature on your existing box.  So you should not lose any recordings.

I just did the reverse, and the CS reps kept insisting that they need to send me a NON-Multi-Room box and I would need to return my Multi-Room box, but after some persistence, I finally got transferred to a guy who knew what he was talking about and simply de-activated the MR features.

0 Likes