Moving TV/Cable to otherside of room
jimmperry7708

Hello,

My room has two cable jacks in it. I currently have a standard Def box plugged into one of them.

If I want to move the Tv to the other side of the room and use that jack, can I?

I tried and only get a message that "this channel is unavailable".

Do I need to have a tech come out and do something? Like I said, the jack is in the same room, just on opposite side.

Thank You!!

0 Likes
Re: Moving TV/Cable to otherside of room - Some Details
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@jimmperry7708 wrote:

... My room has two cable jacks in it. I currently have a standard Def box plugged into one of them.

If I want to move the Tv to the other side of the room and use that jack, can I?

I tried and only get a message that "this channel is unavailable".

Do I need to have a tech come out and do something?...

If you mean can you move the STB box and the TV to the other cable jack, that should work.  Of course the other jack must be connected somewhere to your existing coax network.

If instead you mean can you just move the TV itself and leave the STB box where it is, that will not work.  You must use both devices,  arranged exactly  as they are now.  First run the coax to the STB box, and then connect the TV to one of the STB box outputs at the rear of the unit.  You can of course use your existing cables to do this.

As far as requiring a service call if things still do not work, first look around in your home and locate where all the coax cables come together.  This is usually either in the basement or on an exterior wall where the cable and phone boxes are mounted.  Then look in there for a "loose" coax and connect it to the splitter that's probably already there.  If this is the coax on the other side of your room, you will be good to go.

If none of these ideas work, report back but make sure you include a detailed description of both your equipment and your wiring layout.  Good luck.

0 Likes