MRDVR acting up
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3

got a strange message to went to play a recording -  got a blank screen and the words Invalid Format - other recordings played ok - had to reset the box twice and then deleted that particular recording.

anybody have any ideas on why that happened? is this a sign hard drive is starting to go? have had his box (qip6416) since Nov 07

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: MRDVR acting up
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3
thanks - has'\n't happened since so I am figuring just a bad recording -  I am hoping this holds out at least until Verizon comes out with a new (better than the 7216 ) dvr (lol)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

did this happen on the dvr itself or did it happen on one of your non-dvr stb's?

If it was on the non-dvr, could it have been an HD program that you were trying to watch on a non-HD stb?

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3
on the dvr itself  -  it was not a hd program - 
0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

well if it was on the dvr itself, HD or SD wouldnt matter. I was just thinking that maybe it was a HD program trying to be watched on a SD box.

Well, my guess would be either one of two things. Either it was just a bad recording, just like a computer not getting the entire file when trying to install something. corrupt or incomplete. Or a bad sector on the hard drive.

If it doesnt happen again and it was only that one recording. I would say probably a glitch/corrupt recording. This will take care of itself and you dont have to do anything.

If it does happen again and it continues, then I would say a bad sector on the Hard drive. This could possibly be fixed by having tech support clear the hard drive and then factory reset the box. This should rescan the hard drive and reallocate the sectors to avoid the bad one's. Or replace the DVR.

Those would be my guess's

0 Likes
ggma11261
Contributor - Level 3
thanks - has'\n't happened since so I am figuring just a bad recording -  I am hoping this holds out at least until Verizon comes out with a new (better than the 7216 ) dvr (lol)
0 Likes