MSNBC has lost sound
theatrenut1

For the second time MSNBC has lost sound in the past couple of weeks. What gives?

0 Likes
Re: MSNBC has lost sound
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

All tvs?

SD and HD?

Do you have to do something to make it come back or does it restore on its own?

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

One of the common problems for HD channels is if your TV doesn't support Dolby digital over the connection you have between the STB and the TV.  Common solution in that case is to find the option in the hidden menu and specify Linear PCM only .

For non-quantum ARRIS (motorola) boxes

from on, hit power off on stb, then quickly on remote hit ok and menu

on the HDMI screen select additional HDMI settings

move to audio output and change to L-PCM

hit power off then on to get out of screen.

Not in front of a quantum box at the moment but it has similar settings somewhere.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

This issue seems to be related to when a local commercial is inserted into the MSNBC feed.  When the local commercial begins, the audio quits.  When the feed returns after the local commercial ends the sound does not return until the next commercial break when it usually resumes.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@tns_2 wrote:

One of the common problems for HD channels is if your TV doesn't support Dolby digital over the connection you have between the STB and the TV.  Common solution in that case is to find the option in the hidden menu and specify Linear PCM only .

For non-quantum ARRIS (motorola) boxes

from on, hit power off on stb, then quickly on remote hit ok and menu

on the HDMI screen select additional HDMI settings

move to audio output and change to L-PCM

hit power off then on to get out of screen.

Not in front of a quantum box at the moment but it has similar settings somewhere.

Sorry, but if the OP loses only sound on one HD channel (which is what they reported) then the issue is not the audio setting in the hidden STB menu.  It's something else, and I see it occasionally too.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some users stick to only certain channels and so never see the condition I mentioned.  But of course it may not be his problem.

I have seen some channels temporarily lose sound, but usually pausing and restarting the channel fixes it.  I haven't even seen that recently.  My Tv's do support Dolby Digital.

0 Likes
Really11

On 6/10/2020 and today, 6/11/2020, there is no audio on MSNBC. No other channel on FIOS that I can find has a problem. What gives? When will this be fixed?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over five years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes