Re: MSNBC HD Available
Justin46
Legend

@JamesTX10 wrote:

I talked to support on Sat and was told that it was still being rolled out and that I needed to wait. He reset my DVR as I am also having the proplem where my channel pop up box hangs after unpausing TV. That did not help. I also tried unpluging my DVR and pluging it back in. 603 has the standard not subscribed message.

Unfortunately, that answer appears to be the standard cop-out to avoid having to actually do something to help you. Smiley Mad

If you go to the Verizon channel lineup website and look up Allen, TX (75013), you will find MSNBC HD listed for all HD packages:

https://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ChannelLineup/ChannelLineup.htm?zipCode=75013

You might also reference this blog from Feb 11:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-at-Home/MSNBC-HD-Now-on-FiOS-TV/ba-p/158277

To quote from the above blog: "Just in time for the start of the Games this weekend, Verizon has launched MSNBC in high-def in all FiOS TV markets." And if you read the entire paragraph it says that it is in all HD plans.

You need to call them back, tell them in no uncertain terms that the channel is available in your area, you want it, they need to fix it!

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on the FiOS TV Essentials plan. Which from you link does not have MSNBC as an HD channel. But I got the message on my DVR at least 3 times and when I did talk to support he said that my plan should have it.The DVR message says all TV plans. Nothing about all HD TV plans.

So should I have it in HD or not and if not, then why do I get the message that I should have it?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JamesTX10 wrote:

I am on the FiOS TV Essentials plan. Which from you link does not have MSNBC as an HD channel. But I got the message on my DVR at least 3 times and when I did talk to support he said that my plan should have it.The DVR message says all TV plans. Nothing about all HD TV plans.

So should I have it in HD or not and if not, then why do I get the message that I should have it?

TV Essentials? Gee, I didn't know anybody still had that package. I have no idea whether you are supposed to have MSNBC HD with that old package, but I would not be surprised if you don't.

I don't think getting the message on your DVR means much, I think it is just a general message sent to all FiOS TV subscribers. I would be very surprised if Verizon customizes who the message is sent to based on the package the customer has.

MSNBC HD is most definitely available today in North Texas in the Prime, Extreme, and Ultimate plans. Based on the Essentials package you have, I suspect you will never get ANY new channels that Verizon adds.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

@Justin wrote:

TV Essentials? Gee, I didn't know anybody still had that package.

I am a new customer as of Sept 09. 5 months later my plan is so old?

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JamesTX10 wrote:

I am a new customer as of Sept 09. 5 months later my plan is so old?

It is not listed as a current plan as far as I can see:

http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/Plans/Plans.htm

What HD channels do you get now?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@JamesTX10 wrote:

https://www22.verizon.com/Residential/FiOSTV/ComparePlans/ViewChannels/ViewChannels.htm?plan=FiOS%20...

This list is not complete. For example I get 508 in HD.

Well, that explains it. You do not have ANY of the 6xx channels. If you want MSNBC HD (or any of the other HD news channels, non-local HD channels, etc) you will need to upgrade your subscription to at least Prime.

Honestly, I did not know that you could still get Essentials, I never considered it since I wanted HD channels beyond just the locals.

Sorry for the confusion.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is what I thought the answer really was even when support told me that I should have it. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
oceanexpress1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You were fooled like I was.  If you carefully look at the message on the STB it states that all FIOS subscribers have "access" to it.  You have to subscribe to the HD package to actually view it.

-oceanx

0 Likes
JamesTX10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep. A very poorly written message on the STB. Says nothing about what HD package you need and says available to all FIOS TV Customers.

0 Likes