Multi-room DVR Issues: Unable to locate hub, interrupted recording, skipping during playback
uncorrdinated

Hi Guys,

I was wonderng if you could help me.   I have been a FIOS customer for many years and have a multi-room HD DVR and 2 HD set-top boxes.   I have always had some problems during playback on some recordings where the picture and sound will skip, but over the last several months some new problems have appeared.  Frequently during playback of recorded shows the recording will stop playing and I will get a message on the screen "unable to locate hub".  I then have to power off the STB, reboot and when I go to the dvr option I have to refresh the devices before connecting to the dvr again.  If this happens while a show is recording then the recording stops and then restarts causing the show to be split into 2 recordings.  Sometimes I get a message "You have reached maximum playback on DVR".  This really frustrating and I would like these issues resolved.   I have the older HD dvr, 1 new hd set-top box, and 1 old hd stb.   The playback issues happen on both hd stbs.  We don't usually watch shows on the dvr itself so I am not sure how it performs during playback.  1 other note that might help troubleshooting is that I can't seem to display the IMG in full screen on the dvr.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Randy R.

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR Issues: Unable to locate hub, interrupted recording, skipping during playback
JustaGuy
Contributor - Level 2

@uncorrdinated wrote:

Hi Guys,

..I.  Sometimes I get a message "You have reached maximum playback on DVR".  This really frustrating and I would like these issues resolved.   I have the older HD dvr, 1 new hd set-top box, and 1 old hd stb.   The playback issues happen on both hd stbs.  We don't usually watch shows on the dvr itself so I am not sure how it performs during playback.  ..

Thanks in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

Randy R.

You can only do 1 playback at a time UNLESS you are playing back from the DVR/HUB.  If you want to do 2 simultaneous play backs, one of them must be from the DVR.  I ran into this same message when my wife would watch a recorded program in one room and I would try to watch a recorded program in another room.  Fixed it by moving the DVR to one of the rooms where the conflict occured most often.  As for the "unable to locate hub" message.  This was a very common problem about a year ago, which was fixed with a software update. You need to check what version software is on all your boxes.

0 Likes
Re: Multi-room DVR Issues: Unable to locate hub, interrupted recording, skipping during playback
Hubrisnxs
Legend

the 6416 only does 1 HD or 2 SD sessions.

the 7216/7232 and cisco are up to 2 HD, or 3 SD sessions through multi room.

If you have the older one, you should upgrade it at a local store.

https://www22.verizon.com/home/storelocator/

Also the older 6416 model dvr doesn't do the full HD guide, so that would also be fixed with upgrading to the 7216, or 7232  (you can't get the cisco because you already have the motorola.)

0 Likes
uncorrdinated

Both STBs and the DVR have 1.9 on them.   As far as only playing back 1 HD recording at a time, this occurrs occasionally on the same STB after the unable to locate hub error and not from attempting to play recordings on 2 seperate STBs at the same time.

0 Likes
uncorrdinated

I'll try upgrading the DVR to a newer one and let you know if that solves the problem.  Thanks for all of your input.

0 Likes