multi room dvr newbie questions
exlieut
Contributor - Level 1

OK I just got my multo room dvr. By the way I ordered it yesterday Jan 19th and recieved it Jan 20th. WOWSmiley Happy

First no manual of any sort on how to operate it.Smiley Sad

looks fairly simple.

Question: I thought I could access it from any other STB and select programs to record? Am I wrong?

Any other tips I need to know?

Other than that kudo's big time to customer service he said 3-5 days recieved next day!!!!Smiley Very Happy

0 Likes
Re: multi room dvr newbie questions
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
You can watch your recordings from two other boxes simultaneously as long as it is not another DVR box or DCT 700. Only the Home Media DVR can schedule recordings.
0 Likes
exlieut
Contributor - Level 1
o.k my misunderstanding. next question how do you access via the internet? went to fios tv central but nothing there i could see.
0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3

@exlieut wrote:

OK I just got my multo room dvr. By the way I ordered it yesterday Jan 19th and recieved it Jan 20th. WOWSmiley Happy

First no manual of any sort on how to operate it.Smiley Sad

looks fairly simple.

Question: I thought I could access it from any other STB and select programs to record? Am I wrong?

Any other tips I need to know?

Other than that kudo's big time to customer service he said 3-5 days recieved next day!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Yeah, there's a tip you should know.  Are you streaming to a HD-STB in your house?  If so, the tip is to send the MR-DVR back.  I wouldn't wish the frustration you are about to experience on anybody.

0 Likes
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1
Go to this web page and sign in to your account. http://www36.verizon.com/fiostv/web/
0 Likes
psumatt1
Contributor - Level 2

Jake-

Actually, maybe he'll enjoy his HD streaming with no issues like I do every day.

0 Likes
jake5975
Enthusiast - Level 3

@psumatt wrote:

Jake-

Actually, maybe he'll enjoy his HD streaming with no issues like I do every day.

Do you have a 7xxx series STB, or a 6xxx?
0 Likes
sanan77
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey

If you never used a DVR or familiar with a multi Room DVR, let me be the first you are going to love it,

MR DVR Features 

1)Simple Recording-->Press Guide Button pick the Program you are interested in and Then Hit the RED rec button, simple as that,,

2)To Access the Recording program on your other Cable Boxes.  Click on the Menu,  DVR ,  recorded program

3)I have one Multi Room DVR and 5 other 2500 hrs boxes.. I have help my family work it and now they cannot get enough of it

4)Once you do get this going let me know if you need any more help with the Remote DVR I use that feature as well and it work Great.

exlieut
Contributor - Level 1
Thanks everbody. That big red activate button was not there last night. I'm hoping this thing works great like some have said.
0 Likes