Multi-Room DVR Questions - switching to Fios
Rich_L2

I am getting ready to make the switch to Verizon Fios and have lots of questions.

I am going to get  a Multi-Room DVR and either 2 or 3 set-top boxes.

I have 4 tv's:  A -Main (Living room) TV is STD-Def,  B - Bedroom TV  is Hi-Def 1080p,  C - Bedroom TV is 720P, D - Other TV - STD Def . 

1. Does it matter which TV I hook up the Multi-Room DVR to?
2. Can I record in STD-Def and then  play back on the Hi-Def TV?
3. Can  I record in Hi-Def and and then play back on the STD-Def TV?

4.  Are the STB's the same for STD-Def and HD (in case I want to swich where I have the DVR)?
4a. If not, is ther a charge if I change the box from STD to HD?

5. Will I be able to watch any channels on a TV that has no STB or DVR?

6. What DVR functions are available on the STB's?
     Play, Pause, FF, Rew? What about controlling the recording of shows?

9. Is there a "higher capacity" Multi-room DVR, and how do I get one?

7. What is the capacity of the multi-room DVR?
8. Can I add an external hard drive?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Rich_L

0 Likes
Re: Multi-Room DVR Questions - switching to Fios
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

1. Does it matter which TV I hook up the Multi-Room DVR to?  No it does not.

2. Can I record in STD-Def and then  play back on the Hi-Def TV? Yes
3. Can  I record in Hi-Def and and then play back on the STD-Def TV? Yes but will be in a smaller box in the middle of the screen

4.  Are the STB's the same for STD-Def and HD (in case I want to swich where I have the DVR)? Verizon only uses HD boxes now and will work with SD televisions
4a. If not, is ther a charge if I change the box from STD to HD? N/A

5. Will I be able to watch any channels on a TV that has no STB or DVR? If your TV has a QAM digital tuner you can watch the local stations only (channels 2-49)

6. What DVR functions are available on the STB's? You can pause and rewind live TV. You can set up a schedule to record all your favorite shows in advance so you don't have to set it back up every week. You can extend recording at the begining or end of show. You can set priority of shows incase there is a scheduling conflict. You can set a show to be protected so its only erased if you manually erase it. You can set how many episodes to keep. You can set whether to record either new episodes, repeats, or both.

9. Is there a "higher capacity" Multi-room DVR, and how do I get one? If you are not provided one at installation (depends if they are in stock or not) it can be ordered from out htttp://verizon.com/fiostvcentral website

7. What is the capacity of the multi-room DVR? 160gb for existing DVR 500gb for expanded DVR
8. Can I add an external hard drive? The set top boxes running IMG 1.9 have this capability. 1.9 is still in its initial stages of deployment and not in most areas.

I hope this answers your questions you had.

0 Likes
mphare
Contributor - Level 2

Additional Comment below

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

3. Can  I record in Hi-Def and and then play back on the STD-Def TV? Yes but will be in a smaller box in the middle of the screen

4.  Are the STB's the same for STD-Def and HD (in case I want to swich where I have the DVR)? Verizon only uses HD boxes now and will work with SD televisions

5. Will I be able to watch any channels on a TV that has no STB or DVR? If your TV has a QAM digital tuner you can watch the local stations only (channels 2-49)

6. What DVR functions are available on the STB's? You can pause and rewind live TV. You can set up a schedule to record all your favorite shows in advance so you don't have to set it back up every week. You can extend recording at the begining or end of show. You can set priority of shows incase there is a scheduling conflict. You can set a show to be protected so its only erased if you manually erase it. You can set how many episodes to keep. You can set whether to record either new episodes, repeats, or both.

9. Is there a "higher capacity" Multi-room DVR, and how do I get one? If you are not provided one at installation (depends if they are in stock or not) it can be ordered from out htttp://verizon.com/fiostvcentral website

It costs an additional $40 to order a 500 GB DVR if one is not provided at time of installation. I would hold out for one at that time so you don't have to pay the $40. You may be able to forgo the $40 upcharge if you can take your 160 GB DVR to a Verizon store and exchange it there (it they have the 500 GB DVR to exchange)

7. What is the capacity of the multi-room DVR? 160gb for existing DVR 500gb for expanded DVR
8. Can I add an external hard drive? The set top boxes running IMG 1.9 have this capability. 1.9 is still in its initial stages of deployment and not in most areas.

0 Likes
lasagna
Community Leader
Community Leader

Further qualifying a few items below ...

@mphare wrote:

Additional Comment below

@Anthony_VZ wrote:

4.  Are the STB's the same for STD-Def and HD (in case I want to swich where I have the DVR)? Verizon only uses HD boxes now and will work with SD televisions.  Verizon used to have SD boxes and last time I checked still had the basic SD terminal adapters -- these adapters do not support the guide or other expanding STB features including remote DVR access or on-Demand.

6. What DVR functions are available on the STB's? You can pause and rewind live TV. You can set up a schedule to record all your favorite shows in advance so you don't have to set it back up every week. You can extend recording at the begining or end of show. You can set priority of shows incase there is a scheduling conflict. You can set a show to be protected so its only erased if you manually erase it. You can set how many episodes to keep. You can set whether to record either new episodes, repeats, or both.  Pause and rewind live TV feature is on the DVR box only, not on the other STB's.  You can pause and rewind DVR playback on these other boxes, but not live TV.   Note also that you need to be in an area which has the newer IMG 1.9 to be able to setup recordings from remote STB's and/or extend a recording as these are new features in IMG 1.9.

It costs an additional $40 to order a 500 GB DVR if one is not provided at time of installation. I would hold out for one at that time so you don't have to pay the $40. You may be able to forgo the $40 upcharge if you can take your 160 GB DVR to a Verizon store and exchange it there (it they have the 500 GB DVR to exchange).  I would ask for the 500GB DVR at installation and make sure they can provide it before accepting it.   

0 Likes
SpiderGW

Hello

I have Multi-Room DVR but it doesn't working from any other rooms. I tried many times to use auto fix option, cable box can see all boxes inside network, show you like it try to fix it, upgrade something , but still doesn't work from any other rooms.

Is it any to  way to fix it ???

0 Likes