Multi Room DVR Questions
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just got Fios yesterday and I'm testing out and trying to get an idea of how exactly the Multi Room DVR works.

It looks like I can play 1 HD recording on a remote STB, but If I try to start another HD show off the DVR on a different remote STB, I get an error.

But, I can still watch an HD show recorded off the DVR on the DVR itself while it's streaming another HD show to a remote STB.

So, if that's the case, I probably do want to put the DVR on the TV that gets the most use, right? That way, I can still stream an HD show to another STB. While watching something off the DVR on the DVR box itself.

Do I understand it correctly?

0 Likes
Re: Multi Room DVD Questions
Jerrold_VZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sorry to hear about your trouble. You are correct regarding being able to play 1 HD recording remotely and watching another HD recording from DVR. You will not be able to stream 2 HD recorded programs at the same time. Remote DVR will work while streaming -

• 2 standard definition recordings 
  • 1 HD and Standard definition recording
0 Likes
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, that's what I thought. 

It's just that someone on dslreports posted that he could stream more HD shows at once and that some others have reported that, yet most have it work the way I do.

I just thought maybe it worked differently for different regions or with different setups/hardware, but you are saying no, it should work this way for everyone?

0 Likes
doropallo
Contributor - Level 1

From what I read on dslreports is that with the new software, 1.9, we will be able to stream 2 HD shows.  I hope it is true coming from Dish with 3 DVRs this would have been a deal changer at the time.  I would have waited before switching, it seems we can only pull up 1 HD VOD at a time also, so it really limits the ability to watch what everyone wants when they want to.

0 Likes
ldm1701
Enthusiast - Level 2

On my system the ONT was replaces about 2wks or so ago. A day or so after it was replaced I noticed the MRDVR was not seen on the website. I called up and they had it back in a few mins. But since then I have had 1 nagging problem that Vz. keeps telling me isn't a problem. If I got to the In Home Agent on the box and then to MRDVR Troubleshooting, it tells me this needs to be subscribed to, and call 1-800-Verizon Opt. 3. Ok doing that does nothing. It just brings you to same VRU as normal. There is no opt. 3. I call Vz. and they say I am subscribed. They have even uninstalled it and reinstalled it on the server side. Still no change. And this is from either room. Now this was not an issue before the ONT was replaced.

I have also had several nights when I tunr the tv on and see nothing but snow. The boxes will not work until I unplug/reset the MRDVR. Any idea what gives?

0 Likes
LexLuthor1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You'd a lot better off starting your own thread with that.

I'm still curious if 1.9 will change anything with regard to number of HD streams off the DVR.

0 Likes