Re: Multi-Room DVR Working Perfectly?
vfg
Enthusiast - Level 1
It is my understanding that the Multi Room DVR only plays on remote Standard boxes - it doesn't work on HD boxes.
0 Likes
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
That is not true. Read through this thread.  It just doesn't work very well.
0 Likes
xlawdog

Was the service changed recently to allow HD STBs to play recorded HD programs from the Multi-Room DVR? I'm quite sure that when we got FIOS TV about a year ago that capability was not there.

I'd like to upgrade one of my standard STBs to an HD box, but now after reading this thread I'm wondering whether it's more trouble than it's worth.

0 Likes
Yaco
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

It is very roblesome. They seem to break more than they fix. To their credit the where working on in for 2 weeks until I decided to get a TIVO D. I unfortunatly ws too late to get one for a decent price. SO I cancelled it before they could fix it. It is still broken with no time table to fix (Thats been stated).

Good luck

Lee

0 Likes
BLRNGR51

I have had FIOS installed in Oct.and since then I have had nothing but trouble with watching a DVR'd show on my HD STB. I too have a "CAN'T LOCATE HUB" issue and since have had my router replaced 3 times and both my DVR replaced twice and my HD STB replaced once. Since I am a retiree from Verizon after 33 plus years I am a little bit more patient with there system but I do feel that after all the time wasted with sending new boxes and routers to my home, someone in their video department should look into this problem. I have had 2 techs that I worked with come to check out the trouble and still it is not solved. I hope that someone in the company reads this and finally does the right thing. going back to the beginning of a recorded show gets a little tiresome. Thank God it isn't more then an hour.

0 Likes
Jolard

This is absolutely a real issue, and definitely is happening to me. I am kind of nervous hearing that people have just had their DVR's and STB's replaced, rather than someone actually fixing the problem.

My symptoms:

- Can't Locate Hub error. Randomly appears, but anecdotally seems to happen mostly when I am recording something in HD on the DVR, and trying to watch something in HD on the STB attached. 

- Long Shows, skip and fast forward. On less than 30 minute shows, I have never had a problem. But on longer shows, if I am fast forwarding through the show to get to the end, I have all sorts of problems. Trying to skip to a later sketch on a recording of SNL was a nightmare. At least 4 times I fast forwarded through the entire show, got to the sketch, hit play and then the picture would freeze, only to finally come back... skipped all the way back to a point about 10 or 15 minutes into the show. I would try it again, fast forwarding all the way through, only to have the same thing happen 4 times. I ended up having to go downstairs to the DVR to watch it. It of course worked fine there. 

0 Likes
vinnyv07
Contributor - Level 1

- Can't Locate Hub error.

- Long Shows, skip and fast forward.  Trying to skip to a later sketch on a recording of SNL was a nightmare. At least 4 times I fast forwarded through the entire show, got to the sketch, hit play and then the picture would freeze, only to finally come back... skipped all the way back to a point about 10 or 15 minutes into the show. I would try it again, fast forwarding all the way through, only to have the same thing happen 4 times. I ended up having to go downstairs to the DVR to watch it. It of course worked fine there. 

Bottom line is these problems must be fixed. In my opinion, it just is taking too long to fix them. These problems are not new anymore. And as I am typing this my picture goes out from the Unable To Locate Hub NAG. GET THIS FIXED !!!! Now let me try and FF to the part I was watching.

0 Likes
rayjc1

@Jolard wrote:
...Can't Locate Hub error....

At least 4 times I fast forwarded through the entire show, ... only to have the same thing happen 4 times.

In my experience (unfortunately extensive...), Skip set to max (5 minutes) works better than FF in recovering from this error. Agree FF on MRDVR playback is painfully slow.
0 Likes
dap76

Just bumping this back to the top.  Seems like verizon isn't responding.  I would have to guess then it is a major design flaw that can't be fixed easily.  Otherwise there would be some info on it by now. 

Any new news on this?

0 Likes
uatuma
I have also had the same problem, usually happening about 45 minutes into an hour show.  I reset the router, MRDVR, set-top box, but no help.  Finally called them, they did something from their end, and was told it should be fixed now.  Was also told there will be a firmware update this weekend that should resolve it for everyone.  We'll see.
0 Likes